• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-45 Goshawk question??

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
A little google fo yielded this

Military Flight Operations Quality Assurance (MFOQA)

A ppt comes up explaining the program...seems like more big brother in the A/C

Pags

N/A
pilot
....it's all in the name. It's a way to assure the quality of your military flight operations. And quality, in this case, isn't judged by SNAs.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Well not to much competition left in the "how fast I came in the break on my FCLP solo" :icon_smil x 2:D

Are you the guys who would also be keying the mike and screaming like a little girl on the first cat shot? Those always crack me up.

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
You should have heard the guy who said "Geez Luise." It was the most vulgar thing his mind could come up with on his first trap.

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
....it's all in the name. It's a way to assure the quality of your military flight operations. And quality, in this case, isn't judged by SNAs.

Forgive me for my ignorance, but are all these added safety programs really all that effective, or is it just a nice fitrep bullet for someone. I know they argue cost reduction in the long run, but it seems to take money that could be used to upgrade safety systems in the aircraft. The reason I ask is because there have been a ton of near midairs and a ton of comm problems all reported through the various "safety programs" and we still have broke dick radios and no tcas. Even the T-34 has albeit primative a collision avoidance system that has saved my ass on one occasion at the initial for Barrin

Also, although not salty or seasoned when it comes to safety the differing perspective through a studs eyes can at times be beneficial.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Even the T-34 has albeit primative a collision avoidance system that has saved my ass on one occasion at the initial for Barrin

Not to mention that it has a "nearest airport" option on the GPS, as well as a canopy that doesn't have overpowered MDC, and notably doesn't shoot shards of molten lead into the eyes and bodies of folks who are unlucky enough to have sucked a 0.3 OZ baby bird down the intakes and lost a 4 million dollar engine in the process.......

Pags

N/A
pilot
Forgive me for my ignorance, but are all these added safety programs really all that effective, or is it just a nice fitrep bullet for someone. I know they argue cost reduction in the long run, but it seems to take money that could be used to upgrade safety systems in the aircraft. The reason I ask is because there have been a ton of near midairs and a ton of comm problems all reported through the various "safety programs" and we still have broke dick radios and no tcas. Even the T-34 has albeit primative a collision avoidance system that has saved my ass on one occasion at the initial for Barrin

Also, although not salty or seasoned when it comes to safety the differing perspective through a studs eyes can at times be beneficial.

who knows? they're there because people continue to do stupid things with a/c and big navy wants to make sure their a/c are being used correctly.

ACowboyinTexas

Armed and Dangerous
pilot
Contributor
^^I don't remember how fast he was going on entry, but about 3 seconds after entry he busted the floor of the MOA and over-stressed the hell out of the jet. 2 years ago at K-rock.