• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-34C NATOPs before Primary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoomie08

Fast, Neat, Average...
I'm a brand new ENS about to start Primary and I was wondering if it is wise to study the T-34 NATOPs or other pubs before primary starts? If so, can someone send it to me? Forgive the ignorance.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
I'm a brand new ENS about to start Primary and I was wondering if it is wise to study the T-34 NATOPs or other pubs before primary starts? If so, can someone send it to me? Forgive the ignorance.
Memorize *BOLDFACE EP's. Also, memorize the system diagrams. Of course, time to do this is already built into the program and you would just be cheating yourself out of some quality time at the beach and on the town.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Along with what FLYTPAY said..

I read the whole systems book before Primary....it was wasted time. I spent hours reading a book w/ no lecture/discussion to supplement it, as a result didn't retain anything. Enjoy the time you have off, you'll be plenty busy in the future.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Forget about trying to learn systems before ground school....it just won't make sense when you don't have an airplane to actually look at. I tried to and learned nothing. EP's are a different story.....in my opinion the earlier the better. Boldface memorization would give you a good head start on the stuff you need to know. There is a lot of other info too, but you won't have it until you check into the wing and get your pubs. You can learn EP's in a week for the T-34, but I think you will have a better understanding all around if you allow yourself a few weeks to slowly go through everything. Hope that helps!

Purdue

Chicks Dig Rotors...
pilot

Don't bother.

If you're the dude who memorizes it all before you get there, the Gods of Fate will make sure you go to Vance and fly the T-6.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
If you're going to spend time "studying," I'd search and then study the previous 18 threads asking the same thing. You'll find the answers suspiciously consistent.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Waste of time. Unless you have an understanding of what you are memorizing, why bother? Enjoy your time off, you will learn everything you need to know when the time comes.

STLEngineer

pilot
Waste of time. Unless you have an understanding of what you are memorizing, why bother? Enjoy your time off, you will learn everything you need to know when the time comes.

No kidding, even memorizing EP's won't help much if you don't know what a condition lever/friction lock knob is, let alone where you'd find it if you needed to use it.

hornsfan

happy to be here
pilot
Im pretty sure the Wings store on Barrancas has flash cards for the T-34 EPs. As for the NATOPS, youll have wait until you get to Whiting.

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
I learned all the EP's before primary while I was at the beach half the time and thought it was extremely helpful. When I didn't understand what something like a "friction lock knob" was I went and found out. There is a lot to memorize and it's one less thing to worry about when you start...

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Gents, it's just not that hard. There is no need to memorize EP's before it's time. Enjoy your off time and don't worry. If you have difficulty, studying before primary most likely won't make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.