• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-34C NATOPs before Primary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
It's been said before, so I'll say it again... Yes, we know you're super-moto and wanna "get in the fight". HOWEVER, 5 years from now when you have 70 days of leave on the books and have been gone more than you're home - you're going to wish you had the down time you have now.

No matter how motivated you are, put the freakin' books down - and chase some skirt/drink some beer (unless you're afraid of women, which means you'll be a perfect candidate for jets). If you need something to read in the shitter - try Maxim.

Duly noted.

For the record, I'm enjoying the beer (Bud Light w/ Lime is freaking awesome - say what you want), and my girlfriend is all I need in a woman. Beautiful, smart, and in med-school. Her gift to me last Christmas? A subscription to Maxim. Check, check, aaaaand check. :D

wingsB4rings

Four fans of freedom, all day long
None
Call me super-moto, but I haven't even started OCS yet and I have been reading through API pubs circa-1992 that I may or may not have obtained. Now, I haven't been hardcore STUDYING, but it's good bathroom material and if I pick up on one or two little new things a day - all the better right?

What a great idea, except for when you get classed up on the other end of the imminent API cirriculum overhaul.

For the record, I'm enjoying the beer (Bud Light w/ Lime is freaking awesome - say what you want)

Let this be known at your 1st squadron...and believe me, they will say what they want.

...my girlfriend is all I need in a woman. Beautiful, smart, and in med-school...

I don't think you know what beautiful, smart women are until you browse the selection on the PJC campus.

Overall assessment: put down the pubs, get ready for OCS, enjoy your time off before API, cut back on the bud light lime, and hang onto your gf :D. Trust me, most people who don't touch API pubs before they class up do just fine.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I don't think you know what beautiful, smart women are until you browse the selection on the PJC campus.

bwahaha....I just almost spit up my coffee when I read this

To Mr. pre OCS 1992 pubs man, seriously, I know where you are coming from, but don't worry about it. You don't need any prep for API, it is about the easiest "classroom" evolution ever. If you do care to get a leg up on the concepts, good on you, but realize that the majority of your pubs are way out of date. We were making tons of corrections to pubs that were only 3 or 4 months old when I was in API, I can't imagine how much stuff has changed since '92......though I'm sure some of the O-5 types around here could tell you :)

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I'll just throw this out there. Some of us who have been there done that are offering advice. It's probably sound advice for that reason alone. It is a waste of time to go through that crap prior to Primary. Everything you need to know will be taught when you arrive. If you can't handle it, memorizing, studying, etc, then it's probably not for you. The program just isn't that difficult. You either have it or you don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.