• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-34 at Chambers

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
Just remembered another/the reason: no hot seat with the T-6. It forces you to shut down and let the engine cool or motor over for every student. There's no way you'd get everyone in.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
IP would still sit in front, you would just keep the ISS Mode Selector in Front Command Eject so if the kid pulls, both don't end up leaving the aircraft.
True, it wouldn't be a show stopper. It would be difficult to get everyone fitted for gear though. That harness has to fit right or you could get seriously fucked up.

phrogpilot73

I've met some of the instructors here, including an old pal from my time in Corpus. I envy that flying. Maybe I could ask my boss to allow me to fly with them. Fingers crossed?!
Just now dawned on me that you're in my neck of the woods to refresh... It's not the I-bar, but we should l/u for a beer or two sometime. Thursdays at Baja Cantina is Fish Taco night. Buy one, get one - most of the guys I work with head there... You in?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was the guy running the aviation part of CORTRAMID during the summer of '03. We had approximaetly 550 NROTC mids in Norfolk. We'd put 1/4 of the total mids through Swim/Phys during their aviation week. Some elected NOT to do it and some did not pass the aviation screening for one reason or another. Norfolk had their stuff wired and were able to process the mids in a timely manner.

The NETC along with CNATRA will figure a way to make the T-6 work when they fully retire the T-34. PROTRAMID follows directly after CORTRAMID in Norfolk...

-ea6bflyr ;)

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
The Weiners at the weapons school in Oceana are painted differently (most of the satellite ones are painted different) than the CNATRA ones.

I suppose it's possible that the CORTRAMID planes moved to Chambers instead of Oceana.

Not all of SFWSL's dogs are painted differently. They recently received "new" ones and they are still orange and white.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
True, it wouldn't be a show stopper. It would be difficult to get everyone fitted for gear though. That harness has to fit right or you could get seriously fucked up.

Again, no different than getting a flight in a jet, which Mids do all the time. I'm with ea6bflyer. They'll figure out a way to cheaply give incentive rides.

Not all of SFWSL's dogs are painted differently. They recently received "new" ones and they are still orange and white.

With all the shuffling, that makes sense. When we gave up the two we had, they didn't get painted right away. HeyJoe even found one of them at Fallon, still in its baby blue colors.

Wingnut172N

Tumbleweed
pilot
Just remembered another/the reason: no hot seat with the T-6. It forces you to shut down and let the engine cool or motor over for every student. There's no way you'd get everyone in.

Has anybody (Beechcraft/Pax) ever tried opening the canopy on a T-6 at idle? I know the prop can't be feathered but it doesn't seem like it'd be impossible? Uncomfortable, maybe but what is the issue? Propwash, FOD?

MasterBates

Prop can't be feathered.. No hot seats.. WTF were we thinking when we bought this thing?

You can hot seat a damn T-45.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Again, no different than getting a flight in a jet, which Mids do all the time. I'm with ea6bflyer. They'll figure out a way to cheaply give incentive rides.

Like when the Mids show up at the carrier and CAG dictates that every mid gets to actually fly an aircraft. That ends up in the helo squadron flying 8 hours on a "no fly day".

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Which hopefully translates into more flight time for KBay.

CORTAMID will be half over by the time you clowns get up to Norfolk. Good news, though. The next CORTRAMID will have started by the time you get to San Dog.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot

Yeah I thought this was the case, but second guessed myself at Gator's post. Nevertheless, I saw an orange and white SFWSL weiner taxi pass me today while I was holding in marshall. Not sure what percentage of them are that way, but they exist.

KBayDog

CORTAMID will be half over by the time you clowns get up to Norfolk. Good news, though. The next CORTRAMID will have started by the time you get to San Dog.

Uh...most of those kids will probably be JGs by the time my -57 gets to San Dog (assuming I left tonight).

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just now dawned on me that you're in my neck of the woods to refresh... It's not the I-bar, but we should l/u for a beer or two sometime. Thursdays at Baja Cantina is Fish Taco night. Buy one, get one - most of the guys I work with head there... You in?

Sounds good to me. PM being sent in one mike.