• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-2s

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
1. I know this is the SNA forum
2. Yes, this has nothing to do w/ the needs of the Navy or any legitimate training exercise.......but....

Would there be any feasible way for an SNA in P'cola to hitch a ride in one of the VT-86 T-2's just to check it out? Call me an aviation dork, but I'd just like to fly in one before they retire them. Is there ever an empty seat open (like for currency flights or something like that)?

I've asked around a bit among the FO's I know, and nobody seems to really have any idea.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
1. I know this is the SNA forum

Swing and a miss
2. Yes, this has nothing to do w/ the needs of the Navy or any legitimate training exercise.......but....

Would there be any feasible way for an SNA in P'cola to hitch a ride in one of the VT-86 T-2's just to check it out? Call me an aviation dork, but I'd just like to fly in one before they retire them. Is there ever an empty seat open (like for currency flights or something like that)?

I've asked around a bit among the FO's I know, and nobody seems to really have any idea.

Probably not. From what I remember, open seats were pretty rare. When they did show up, either instructors or other students jump on them.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Call me an aviation dork, but I'd just like to fly in one before they retire them. Is there ever an empty seat open (like for currency flights or something like that)?

How about we just call you a dork??