• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sword for wedding before TBS?

bellebeast1

Hurry up and wait
KBayDog said:
Relax.

Your advice is welcome; it's just that this is a Marine thread - you are giving information that is applicable to the Navy. No harm, no foul.

Sorry so rude--hate being patronized. I'll stay away from the marine thread from now on. The hallow grounds will not be tainted by what did you call the navy? Squids? My husband was a submariner before he was an Aviator so his reply would be something like the only good marine is a submarine.

phrogpilot73

bellebeast1 said:
Sorry so rude--hate being patronized. I'll stay away from the marine thread from now on. The hallow grounds will not be tainted by what did you call the navy? Squids? My husband was a submariner before he was an Aviator so his reply would be something like the only good marine is a submarine.
No need to stay away from the Marine Thread... Some members just like to :icon_rage on occasion... I think the book you're referring to is "Service Etiquette", and is issued to all plebes at USNA. Many plebes sell it back to get beer money, but it is a keeper. No worries about your post. Some people forget we're part of the Naval Service, but the term "squids" is really just a little good-natured rubbing. Trust me - my dad calls me a "sea-going bellhop".

KBayDog

phrogpilot73 said:
No need to stay away from the Marine Thread... Some members just like to :icon_rage on occasion...

Nope, nobody was :icon_rage (burning at the stake?) - just pointing out that the information presented seemed more geared towards the Navy (the NAVY - not the Naval Service), and this is a Marine thread. All are invited to post, and advice is always welcome. However, if you post, you do so knowing that your post is subject to response. And yes, sometimes that response may not be as pleasant as you want.

Was I as "sensitive" as I could have been? No. Not at all. And frankly, that's just too bad. Even the high school wannabes on this site realize that you have to have thicker skin than most in order to live and deal with the military - it is to be expected. 99.9% of us poke fun at each other on a daily basis; hell, 99.9% of us MAKE FUN of each other on a daily basis. It's just how we are. True, at times, we are nicer to each other than others - but we don't go high and to the right when we are corrected. We also recognize it for what it is: the good-natured ribbing that you were referring to. We realize that it is not a personal attack.

If one cannot accept some of that good-natured ribbing, cannot take criticism with a smile, or if one wants nothing but touchy-feely posts, there are many more appropriate forums out there than Naval Aviation (and Marine-specific) forums.

usmcwifey

Hi

jtd22 said:
on a similar note, I'll be flying to my buddies wedding in a few weeks and was wondering what sort of issues will arise with bringing my sword. obviously it would have to go as checked luggage, but i've heard there could be problems with this. anyone have any experience?

Call the airline you are using for the flight. All of them are different. Also arrive 30 minutes before you usually would... that is what my husband did and things worked out a whole lot better. Hope it helps!..as for info on the weddings you can always call the Marine Shop at Quantico..they were awesome in getting things done for us.