• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO vs. Supply

Which would you rather choose, SWO or Supply?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No. What is the IA program? -PM me if you feel it would be a thread jack/tangent subject deal. Thanks.

IA assignments can be in locations other than Iraq and Afghanistan (some lucky souls have gone to Belgium), but check out the 5 star rated thread on the subject for 3+ years of gouge and comments.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
This is from a wannabe SNA, but it is toss up in IMHO. As a SWO you are still a warfighter, but as a chop you could still be in a squadron.

phrogpilot73

Hmm call me crazy but I imagine there were Supply Officers on that ship that recieved the CAR. Oh wait I forgot, Anti-ship missles, torpedoes and mines are not allowed to injure Supply Officers.
2. Compared to probably 50 or so SWOs. Just let it go.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.... Just let it go.
Agreed, let the penis measuring cease & desist. :sleep_125

At least until such time when we no longer see shipbased E-6's sporting 6 rows of ribbons on their pearly white uni's ...
:) ... such a "warfighter" would have represented a friggin' Audie Murphy-equivalent @ 35 years ago.

navy09

None
This is correct, as a first tour chop you can be assigned to many different communities for your Div-O tour. From my class JO's were assigned to Squadrons, SEAL teams, Submarines, Construction Battalions, Surface fleet, and a few even went to quasi civillian jobs in DC with reactors. Every Command needs the parts/supplies and dough to operate so working in many different communities is pretty standard.

:sleep_125

We get it, it's the coolest job in the universe.

S.O.B.

pilot
This is correct, as a first tour chop you can be assigned to many different communities for your Div-O tour. From my class JO's were assigned to Squadrons, SEAL teams, Submarines, Construction Battalions, Surface fleet, and a few even went to quasi civillian jobs in DC with reactors. Every Command needs the parts/supplies and dough to operate so working in many different communities is pretty standard.

9926_213818945AHTudv_ph.jpeg

I think this guy was a chop with a SEAL team.