• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO vs. Supply

Which would you rather choose, SWO or Supply?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but because it happened to me I figured I would share it with you.

I applied SWO BDCP as my first choice and Supply BDCP second choice. I wanted supply as my first choice, but was told that it didn't actually matter what order you applied. After my application went through the boards, I was accepted BDCP SWO and BDCP Supply, however was only slotted for SWO BDCP because it was my first choice. If I wanted supply BDCP, I was told I would have to reapply.

Moral of the story, if you get both, you are gonna get stuck with your first choice unless you reapply.

Really, because if that is the case then I will just have my recruiter pull my package out of the board for Supply, it hasn't happened yet. Though I am pretty sure you are wrong, or were just misinformed, or screwedvby your OR, because my OR was really making sure that I make the right choice. He mentioned many times that when we hear I will be able to choose if I get picked up for more than one. I will keep you posted though. Thanks for the input.

SWCS242

SWO in-training
Really, because if that is the case then I will just have my recruiter pull my package out of the board for Supply, it hasn't happened yet. Though I am pretty sure you are wrong, or were just misinformed, or screwedvby your OR, because my OR was really making sure that I make the right choice. He mentioned many times that when we hear I will be able to choose if I get picked up for more than one. I will keep you posted though. Thanks for the input.

Well, if I am wrong than my recruiter lied to me, which I would find hard to believe. I was accepted to both Supply and SWO, I chose Supply. He told "them" I wanted supply and we waited around and they sent the letter for SWO. Finally the Lt. called them to get the right letter and they explained to him that I could do supply, but would not get BDCP because I already got accepted BDCP for SWO which was my first choice.

But yeah, I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt to my OR and his Lt. My OR wanted me to go Supply and talked me into it...which would make it weird for him to lie to me about SWO.

Good Luck.

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
Well, if I am wrong than my recruiter lied to me, which I would find hard to believe. I was accepted to both Supply and SWO, I chose Supply. He told "them" I wanted supply and we waited around and they sent the letter for SWO. Finally the Lt. called them to get the right letter and they explained to him that I could do supply, but would not get BDCP because I already got accepted BDCP for SWO which was my first choice.

But yeah, I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt to my OR and his Lt. My OR wanted me to go Supply and talked me into it...which would make it weird for him to lie to me about SWO.

Good Luck.

Well let me rephrase what I should have said. Either your recruiter or mine was misinformed or just ignorant of the situation. I talked to my recruiter today and he advised me that he pushed through my med docs for final select SWO. I am going to do what I can to go SWO, but if I end up going Chop I will still be as excited and give just as much effort. I will just be glad to be in the Navy and enjoying my BDCP pay. I will hopefully know by the end of October. Thanks for your input everyone.

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
No we are not. Quit drinking the kool-aid.

No WE are not??? that would include YOU, and since you are an NFO.. I would agree (Im kidding)... and I don't think that your SEAL buddies would appreciate you calling their actions and duties not War Fighting material. I know that you are a big shot on AW, but can you please provide a better argument... I mean I can argue like you as well...

Yes we are. Quit smoking crack.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
no we are not??? That would include you, and since you are an nfo.. I would agree (im kidding)... And i don't think that your seal buddies would appreciate you calling their actions and duties not war fighting material. I know that you are a big shot on aw, but can you please provide a better argument... I mean i can argue like you as well...

I'm a Carrier Pilot, but my mission is to support the warfighters. Just because I enable them to accomplish their missions doesn't mean I'm a warfighter. When SEALS start jumping out of my plane and killing people, then I will once again be a warfighter. Until then, I will be satisfied with "Just" being a Carrier Pilot.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Hey, I got my GWOT with my check in package back when I was a toob-slug...doesn't that make me a warfighter?:D:D

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
No WE are not??? that would include YOU, and since you are an NFO.. I would agree (Im kidding)... and I don't think that your SEAL buddies would appreciate you calling their actions and duties not War Fighting material. I know that you are a big shot on AW, but can you please provide a better argument... I mean I can argue like you as well...

All right dude...first of all, show a little respect to a guy who has actually SERVED in the military and done his bit (even if it IS Flash)...second, I think equationg the actions of Seals/Rangers/Marines on the ground getting shot at with Toob-slugs such as myself safely orbiting above at FL XX0 is misguided. Yes we are all part of the "same team/same fight, hoo-rah" bullshit...but equating the work, training, and danger involved in going behind enemy lines alone and the work, training, and danger in loading box-lunches is a little farcical.

There are "warfighters" the guys getting shot at every day, getting blown up, not showering/eating a hot meal for weeks...and then there are those of us who get a cold beer at night, who can call the wife/kids on a satellite/cell phone, or whose biggest pain in the ass today is having to eat chicken adobo in the galley for the third time this week...

I would invite you to walk up to one of the Scout Snipers who are DI's in OCS and say "I'm a warfighter"...you will end up sounding like this guy:

"I'm a chickenhawk!"

Maybe you should stick to the sugar-free kool-aide for a while...

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC

I apologize for my past comment, I only had good intentions and really wanted a better argument than we are not. I have all of the respect in the world for the previous and current AD sailors, and look to do nothing more than learn from all of you and I didn't mean for my comments to cause such concerns.

I hope that everyone I offended can forgive me.... again, I have GREAT respect for you guys, otherwise I would not be posting daily and reading this sight and all of your lovely comments and gouge daily.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just want to know why I shouldn't consider myself a war fighter, any help from you in squashing my dreams and desires would be greatly appreciated.

You can start by putting a stop to using the term we and referring to your status as a "warfighter" in the present tense. You haven't done shit, and have yet to be born in the eyes of those who have.

The use of buzzwords like "warfighter" usually correlates to the user's detachment from any grasp of what is really going on operationally.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
This man is a warfighter. I went to flight school with him.

Even when I flew the Viking, it was in a support role. Tanking, SSC, etc. I would love to be a Warfighter, but the Navy has decided that i can best serve in a support function. I am still vital to the mission, but in support of the mission, not doing the mission.

Read some accounts of what went down over Iraq during the opening days of the war, read about the attack guys in Vietnam, read about the great sea battles in the Pacific. Then you will get a better understanding of who a Warfighter is.

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
I don't mean to change the current subject... actually yes I do... but can we get back to the subject "SWO v Supply" because that is really what I was looking for, and I dont remember how the whole War Fighter thing even came up. Hopefully through more comments I will get a better understanding of our functions as a support role to the war fighters... I now see where I was wrong. I would appreciate input from you Contributors, since you guys have been in for a while and have seen the good, the bad, the ugly, the pretty... you might be able to help me in understanding the two different communities.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....I hope that everyone I offended can forgive me......
Sure we can forgive ... once.

The key is to learn and not be so stupid that you re-offend w/ an
unhinged brain and runaway mouth.

'Cause then you will "disappear". Capiche ??? :)