• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO vs. Supply

Which would you rather choose, SWO or Supply?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I apologize for my past comment, I only had good intentions and really wanted a better argument than we are not......I hope that everyone I offended can forgive me....

Don't worry about it too much, you are still new to all of this and sometimes we all have to learn the hard way. Just so long as you learn. And after all, it is still just the internet. ;)

To note, I really don't like the term 'warfighter' all that much. I think it has become to cliche a catchphrase, especially when those who really are don't use it that much at all. And for the record, I am not a 'warfighter' in my day job anymore, I am most definitely just a support person.

Clux4

Banned
I'm a warfighter in my day job. That is, provided that it's the Global War on Boredom...

Seriously, do you look forward to drill weekends?

Probably the most fun you have had all month. Atleast you get to fly and do something interesting, meet with Marines, catch a drink or two with people that give a shit about being there.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Im a warfighter in the sense of "Hey Suppo, do we have requistitions on those TGW cables we put on order 3 weeks ago?? What about the new R.O. Drip pans?? NO? Damn it, (think to myself "god damn it, he's an LT. What do I do?? hmmm AH! I got it!) "HEY SENIOR!!"

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
"Warfighter" .... ??? :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: ... :sleep_125

I'm one ... even though I'm retired .... twice. :)

Just stayin' alive is a constant battle ... as you will all learn a few years down the road. :D
:sleep_125

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I just liked the "War fighter or pussy" line and saw an excuse to use it.... :D
Roger that ... I've observed that most who "like" or seek out the title of "Warfighter" tend to be pussies .... just do your job and shut up about it used to be the golden rule.

Unless you're at the bar w/ your Amigos. :)

P.S. ... the term was unheard of in the 'ol days.

BullGator

Roger that ... I've observed that most who "like" or seek out the title of "Warfighter" tend to be pussies .... just do your job and shut up about it used to be the golden rule.

Unless you're at the bar w/ your Amigos. :)

P.S. ... the term was unheard of in the 'ol days.
I've been reading this thread and thought it was entertaining. I just asked my dad and he said that he has never heard anyone use the "war-fighter" phrase in his service during the 70's as a NA. It sounds kind of weird to me too, not being in the military myself yet, that doesn't really matter.

I believe the intent was a simple joke to say that SWOs will have more "fighting" action than Supply Os. That's definitely a matter of opinion from reading how Suppos have seen ground combat. I have no place to say and only can offer my opinion, and say that the phrase "war-fighter" can be taken as many different things and this all got blown out of proportion in the mean time.

I think that the Navy (and Marine Corps) are the tip of the spear, and therefore people that fight directly in combat or support those in combat are very courageous or are at least critically valuable and essential to those missions where members are physically in combat-danger. We also all know the mere presence of a carrier, or its supporting ships and subs, will deter a nation even before combat. The point of all this dribble? -Nothing, just wanted to add to a entertaining thread. :D

navy09

None
No. What is the IA program?

Individual Augmentee program. Navy folks fill ground billets in Iraq and Afghanistan (some billets are in the states). I believe most are ~12 months long.

That's why you have Supply Officers working convoys (as mentioned in this thread)- YNs working as detention center guards, and nuke officers working in civil affairs are some other instances I've heard of. SUPPOs don't usually "see action" in their normal jobs, but they certainly can on an IA. Same goes for SWOs, pilots, etc.

For more info, there's a wealth of gouge in other threads on this site.