• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

exNavyOffRec

I get what you are saying, however the board members fly in from all over the country for the specific planned date. Where the delay could have happened for the both periods in your assessment would most likely apply to the personnel in the processing part. There is normally a good redundancy where alternate people continue the good work of uncle Sam. As to the efficiency part in comparison to the primaries then thats a different story.
they don't, they are all local, or it is done virtually like it has been for like 15 years now. It is often a specific person as the senior member and that person is the senior member for the duration of their tour, it is often the same members board after board, it is a small group normally 3-4.

Shill

A smooth sea never made a skilled Sailor.
The board takes 1 day, it is everything else that NRC does that takes time.
Thats a lot of applications for one day. Hopefully they have more than 10 people on the board..or else we're talking mare minutes or even seconds for a package that takes months or years to build..lol

Shill

they don't, they are all local, or it is done virtually like it has been for like 15 years now. It is often a specific person as the senior member and that person is the senior member for the duration of their tour, it is often the same members board after board, it is a small group normally 3-4.
I appreciate you explaining that. I think we all learned something today. Thank you.

NevarYalnal

Thats a lot of applications for one day. Hopefully they have more than 10 people on the board..or else we're talking mare minutes or even seconds for a package that takes months or years to build..lol
yeah that's basically why you see people getting picked up for SNA/NFO with 2 sentence personal statements. they're just not read to begin with due to the sheer number of apps that need to be processed.

Shill

yeah that's basically why you see people getting picked up for SNA/NFO with 2 sentence personal statements. they're just not read to begin with due to the sheer number of apps that need to be processed.
It seems if the numbers aren’t in range then good luck type of deal. I hope not for the sake of many great applicants with some strong traits of demonstrated superior performance on the deckplates without the academically savy scores.

NevarYalnal

It seems if the numbers aren’t in range then good luck type of deal. I hope not for the sake of many great applicants with some strong traits of demonstrated superior performance on the deckplates without the academically savy scores.
Well for SNA/NFO, it makes sense that ASTB scores are probably the most important part of the application as it is a good indicator of whether or not the candidate will be able to make it through the pipeline. For SWO and other designators the other parts of your package would likely play more of a factor.

Shill

Well for SNA/NFO, it makes sense that ASTB scores are probably the most important part of the application as it is a good indicator of whether or not the candidate will be able to make it through the pipeline. For SWO and other designators the other parts of your package would likely play more of a factor.
You make a good point there. Thanks @NevarYalnal

exNavyOffRec

They scan quick, different designators do things a bit different, smaller designators like Supply look at applications more thoroughly, while aviation primarily goes by ASTB, SWO will often look at GPA and degree, but it is fast.

I would say CEC takes the most time of everyone.

Shill

They scan quick, different designators do things a bit different, smaller designators like Supply look at applications more thoroughly, while aviation primarily goes by ASTB, SWO will often look at GPA and degree, but it is fast.

Wow. Thats really good to know. Thank you. I hope my package wasn't the last one before lunch..lol

Conqueror’sHaki

SWOTIVATED MUSTANG

Can you elaborate more on things primarily screened from fleet applications?

u73829

What exactly takes so long? Anyone have insight into what happens after the board decisions and before notifications go out?