• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

eahmed4

Yeah but they’ve doubled their own time estimates for posting results. Just curious why since they’ve been doing this for so many years
Still in the middle of COVID so that can explain a lot of why it's taking longer than usual. Until we hit next year, I do not expect things to go back to a normal timeline

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Yeah but they’ve doubled their own time estimates for posting results. Just curious why since they’ve been doing this for so many years
They used to release results and then schedule people for classes later. From what I understand, part of the doubling in time is from scheduling class dates for all of the selects before results are released.

u73829

They used to release results and then schedule people for classes later. From what I understand, part of the doubling in time is from scheduling class dates for all of the selects before results are released.
Sounds like DoD should hire a few engineers and automate all this

exNavyOffRec

A new process with a longer time frame doesn’t sound very efficient ?
It used to be that they would release results and then placing people in classes would be behind the scenes.

Then COVID hit and then class sizes dropped, then they went up, then down, then up. They have to figure out who was pushed out and now who can be moved back up, and who can fit where from the recent boards.

Attachments

• NRC OCS MEME.jpg
    NRC OCS MEME.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 11
It used to be that they would release results and then placing people in classes would be behind the scenes.

Then COVID hit and then class sizes dropped, then they went up, then down, then up. They have to figure out who was pushed out and now who can be moved back up, and who can fit where from the recent boards.

I remember my recruiting good old days... when you’ll be on deck with your applicant and the applicant’s kit its all jacked (for some dumb reason). The “shark tank” be looking like the stock market... papers everywhere, ppl on the phone trying to network and make stuff happen. Then, I moved up to be the DEPCO... if the ACR or CR really wanted/needed to fill a sit, you’ll fill that sit (with ease)... Let’s just blame it on COVID-19 ?

exNavyOffRec

I remember my recruiting good old days... when you’ll be on deck with your applicant and the applicant’s kit its all jacked (for some dumb reason). The “shark tank” be looking like the stock market... papers everywhere, ppl on the phone trying to network and make stuff happen. Then, I moved up to be the DEPCO... if the ACR or CR really wanted/needed to fill a sit, you’ll fill that sit (with ease)... Let’s just blame it on COVID-19 ?

It is wild how different enlisted recruiting is from officer recruiting, officer recruiting is more like corporate recruiting in many ways, enlisted recruiting is more like recruiting for low pay short term employees to empty port-a-potties lol

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
It is wild how different enlisted recruiting is from officer recruiting, officer recruiting is more like corporate recruiting in many ways, enlisted recruiting is more like recruiting for low pay short term employees to empty port-a-potties lol
Coming from and HR guy. This is extra funny!

almond_615

What exactly takes so long? Anyone have insight into what happens after the board decisions and before notifications go out?

When it comes to signatures, the higher the rank, the longer the wait. There are boards that have waited 3 months. But honestly, this is still a much quicker process than getting hired for janitorial positions in the federal sector.