• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tracker95

SWO was my forth... so rest easy. I had Pilot, NFO, Supply, SWO....
Who knows honestly. My recruiter has made the claim it does have an effect on your preferences if the candidates are very similar and they need a splitter. But I honestly couldn't make a truly informed guess.
SWO was my 3rd choice, and I got selected. My first choice met after SWO. I had to rush to sign a letter stating I was not accepting SWO or my package would not be sent to my first choice board. Luckily I was accepted at the next board also.

Tracker95

SWO was my forth... so rest easy. I had Pilot, NFO, Supply, SWO....
SWO was my 3rd choice, and I got selected. My first choice met after SWO. I had to rush to sign a letter stating I was not accepting SWO or my package would not be sent to my first choice board. Luckily I was accepted at the next board also.

PontusPilot

Contributor
Thank you for the hope! You do have a 59 compared to my 49 though..

Shill

A smooth sea never made a skilled Sailor.
What about active duty OAR scores I was told on active side it’s just a ticket and that civilians applying OAR holds more weight atleast that is my understanding from the scuttlebutt in these forums lol
Heard the same, however I've also heard if a nonsel, then do the OAR test again.

exNavyOffRec

What about active duty OAR scores I was told on active side it’s just a ticket and that civilians applying OAR holds more weight atleast that is my understanding from the scuttlebutt in these forums lol
OAR is just a tool to allow more or less get to the board, that is why the scores have changed on the PA's so often, if applicant numbers are low they will lower the scores, if lots of applicants they will increase the scores.

Now OAR often will follow GPA especially when taken during or right after college

Consty123

OAR is just a tool to allow more or less get to the board, that is why the scores have changed on the PA's so often, if applicant numbers are low they will lower the scores, if lots of applicants they will increase the scores.

Now OAR often will follow GPA especially when taken during or right after college
Could the OAR compensate for a lower gpa? I have around a 3.2 because I worked a lot of jobs in college.