• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PontusPilot

Contributor
Who knows honestly. My recruiter has made the claim it does have an effect on your preferences if the candidates are very similar and they need a splitter. But I honestly couldn't make a truly informed guess.
Have had 4 ORs up to this point, and its split 2-2 on if it truly matters. Current OR has said it doesn't matter.

fsumst92

Have had 4 ORs up to this point, and its split 2-2 on if it truly matters. Current OR has said it doesn't matter.
The only thing I can see as far as looking from the outside in, when it comes to the GENOFF sheets it specifically says how many 1st and 2nd preference selections they are taking for the next board

PontusPilot

Contributor
The only thing I can see as far as looking from the outside in, when it comes to the GENOFF sheets it specifically says how many 1st and 2nd preference selections they are taking for the next board
Which is weird cause I got confirmation that I was on AT list.

exNavyOffRec

The fact that they only really track 1st and 2nd on the dashboard indicates it is a factor, now it will vary. SWO for instance for the longest time would take people that were 3rd, then they put out a memo that said only 1st and 2nd would be considered for SWO, then that went away. Supply for the longest time rarely took anyone that wasn't 1st, same with IWC designators.

It could be a factor for SWO now but not supply, or vice versa, as it changes, I would say the greatest indicator is how many people on this site respond and say they were picked for their 3rd choice. That would be an interesting data point.

Aviation just cared about how good the scores were.