• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
It was my understanding that after SWO school, we now also go to a type-school for the class of ship we are going to. Is this accurate?

If so, where are the schools located for those?
From what my LT told me, we are sent to San Diego or Norfolk, depending on which ship we’re stationed at is closest.

From what my LT told me, we are sent to San Diego or Norfolk, depending on which ship we’re stationed at is closest.
Ok thanks, that makes sense. Ideally, I want to come back to Washington state on the Bremerton side of the Puget Sound since I already own a house here, but we'll see what happens. I'm ok with Virginia too, to be honest. The housing market is pretty good over there.

exNavyOffRec

Ok thanks, that makes sense. Ideally, I want to come back to Washington state on the Bremerton side of the Puget Sound since I already own a house here, but we'll see what happens. I'm ok with Virginia too, to be honest. The housing market is pretty good over there.
Bremerton doesn't have any small boys permanently assigned, the closest you could get would be Everett.

exNavyOffRec

Do they not let swo go to carrier?
They do, but every SWO I have personally known has said going to a carrier as a SWO (non-nuke) is a career killer, a few said if the detailer lets you go to a CVN as a SWO (non-nuke) it is a sign they don't want to put you in a career enhancing billet.

There really aren't that many spots for non-nuke SWO's on CVN's.

They do, but every SWO I have personally known has said going to a carrier as a SWO (non-nuke) is a career killer, a few said if the detailer lets you go to a CVN as a SWO (non-nuke) it is a sign they don't want to put you in a career enhancing billet.

There really aren't that many spots for non-nuke SWO's on CVN's.
Fair enough. I would love to end up in Everett anyway since that's supposedly where the new FFGX's are going to be