• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO BOARD 17AUG20

SHART

Hey everyone. I have received a few messages regarding results being posted for SWO, because I posted the list in the Pilot/NFO board from 03AUG20. I do not have access to PRIDE nor do I know what it is, but currently no SWO results have been posted to the MPT&E Portal where I was able to get the Pilot/NFO PRO REC list. I can check every so often, but as a reminder the Intel board from June received results after roughly 11 weeks, and it took roughly six weeks for the Pilot/NFO board to post results. Being AD my command still hasn't received official notification of my selection. I know waiting this long isn't ideal, but goes to the Military's hurry up and wait.

Cazunigajr

Hey everyone just wanted to share that I heard back from an AD person that has been helping us out here. It looks like I am slated for OCS on Jan 3. I know this is unofficial but I feel much better knowing this. I hope the official word is out soon.

Bachelors Chemistry
Associates Biology
GPA: 3.6
OAR: 53
Prior Enlisted (Marines)
Currently a High School Chem Teacher

Congrats!

SeaShine

Contributor
Hey everyone. I have received a few messages regarding results being posted for SWO, because I posted the list in the Pilot/NFO board from 03AUG20. I do not have access to PRIDE nor do I know what it is, but currently no SWO results have been posted to the MPT&E Portal where I was able to get the Pilot/NFO PRO REC list. I can check every so often, but as a reminder the Intel board from June received results after roughly 11 weeks, and it took roughly six weeks for the Pilot/NFO board to post results. Being AD my command still hasn't received official notification of my selection. I know waiting this long isn't ideal, but goes to the Military's hurry up and wait.
It really hurts those like myself that applied in March. I have to PCS in Jan, and I still haven’t selected orders (due to this package). I’m nervous that I won’t get word in time, forcing me to be needs of the navy. Luckily my Detailer is working with me, but it’s still scary.

SHART

It really hurts those like myself that applied in March. I have to PCS in Jan, and I still haven’t selected orders (due to this package). I’m nervous that I won’t get word in time, forcing me to be needs of the navy. Luckily my Detailer is working with me, but it’s still scary.
No, I get it. I'm sure you are not the only one in that situation as well. Good thing your detailer is working with you. Can you not select orders or just do not want to? Being active I would have selected orders for the just in case if my detailer would have let me. As i said before it sucks waiting and not knowing whats going to happen. Hopefully the results post soon. Not sure if SWO is the same, but I've seen several people who will find out but not get their FINSEL letter for a few months and then an OCS date shortly there after.

vpazian

We are in a similar situation except my husband is active duty and in his second look while I am the one waiting for board results. We have a few more months than you but I feel for you and understand where your coming from. He is about to become needs of the Navy waiting on me. But, I am thinking we will have to adjust to it if we are to be dual military...

SeaShine

Contributor
No, I get it. I'm sure you are not the only one in that situation as well. Good thing your detailer is working with you. Can you not select orders or just do not want to? Being active I would have selected orders for the just in case if my detailer would have let me. As i said before it sucks waiting and not knowing whats going to happen. Hopefully the results post soon. Not sure if SWO is the same, but I've seen several people who will find out but not get their FINSEL letter for a few months and then an OCS date shortly there after.
When you put a package in, you certify that you are not under BUPERS orders. You have to remain order-free until you obtain a PROREC. If you don’t, you risk forfeiting your package. If I get a Y, my PRD won’t matter- I’ll remain onboard my current station until I go to OCS. If I get a N, I’ll have to choose orders extremely fast.

SHART

On the 1420.1 application page 5, you certify that you are or are not under orders, and that if you are your command has advised BUPERS by message to hold your orders in abeyance and you will not transfer until final disposition of your application. Furthermore 1420.1B on page one of chapter four states: Applicants shall not be authorized to submit an application to OCS or Officer Development School (ODS) if within 3 months of transfer or separation.

From both the instruction and the application it says nothing about not being able to select orders.

almond_615

When you put a package in, you certify that you are not under BUPERS orders. You have to remain order-free until you obtain a PROREC. If you don’t, you risk forfeiting your package. If I get a Y, my PRD won’t matter- I’ll remain onboard my current station until I go to OCS. If I get a N, I’ll have to choose orders extremely fast.

That's the good thing about the reserves. They just cut you new orders and term the old ones after you're selected for a program.

Fitzou

This isnt remotely true. You can submit a package while under orders. It just has to be submitted 90 days before your PRD

SeaShine

Contributor
This isnt remotely true. You can submit a package while under orders. It just has to be submitted 90 days before your PRD
Yikes. Looks like I misunderstood a bit. My bad. Either way, it still sucks being this close to PCSing... we feel like we’re in limbo ❤️ Sorry for the bad gouge.

Fitzou

Also just
Yikes. Looks like I misunderstood a bit. My bad. Either way, it still sucks being this close to PCSing... we feel like we’re in limbo ❤ Sorry for the bad gouge.

I just got selected for IP and I'm in between commands at school (lucky for me I was an instructor at the same school house). So I know what you mean by limbo.

Chin

How much do they consider your personal statement and Honor Courage Commitment statemeny? Just wondering.