• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO BOARD 17AUG20

almond_615

It is more hands off, and when you think about it there is a reason for that. An officer will not have their hand held while an enlisted we tell them when to get up, when to eat, what steps to do the work, etc......

A person applying to be an officer is typically older and educated a person applying to be enlisted is typically 17-20 no college degree.

It is not so much that there is more care for enlisted as that we would expect more from the officer candidates.

If OR's followed these steps it would make things much easier, before you leave the current appointment/phone call make sure both parties know what the next step is, when that next step will occur, and when the next meeting/check in will be. I made it a point to never end a current meeting without having the next meeting set up. There are times when the next meeting was a 5 minute update, there are times when the meeting was an hour long signing documents, but the important thing was that we both knew when and where the next contact was going to be.

If your OR isn't doing the above take the initiative, you can drive the check-in's, take control of your recruiting process.

I didn't mean to seem like I was dragging my recruiter. Quite frankly I am more impressed with him than the O3. I didn't qualify for NFO originally and the O3 basically stopped communicating with me immediately. I actually almost went army after that.

But I'm really glad I didn't. The second experience was much better. I also think it helped that I'm a first class and there was more of a bond than with the O3

exNavyOffRec

I didn't mean to seem like I dragging my recruiter. Quite frankly I am more impressed with him than the O3. I didn't qualify for NFO originally and the O3 basically stopped communicating with me immediately. I actually almost went army after that.

But I'm really glad I didn't. The second experience was much better. I also think it helped that I'm a first class and there was more of a bond than with the O3
not directed at you, your post was a good one to piggyback on as well as explaining why you observed what you did. I can see you seem to be happy with your recruiter, and unfortunately there are some officers who are not really engaged in the recruiting process.

@exNavyOffRec The way you described the process is exactly how it should go. Unfortunately, from what I've heard from countless applicants at this point, it is not the norm. Many people seem to have experienced aloof and uninvested recruiters.
I couldn’t even get my recruiter to submit my paperwork correctly. I had to micromanage him. He sent my recommendation documents without the forms for them. I ended up having to get another recruiter to verify I was in the system. I understand the applicate should be taking the initiative but I would expect the recruiter could do the very basics.

EmmaG

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard people say stuff like that.
I actually really like my recruiter. He’s been good about making sure stuff gets done but he’s also been hands off. He talks to me when he needs to and makes sure I do the things I need to. He’s been encouraging and honest, but he isn’t smothering me. My husband was Marine Corps enlisted and he’s made comments about how little my recruiter talks to me, but I don’t feel like he needs to check in with me every day.

My recruiter’s been fantastic. We didn’t communicate as much as I thought we would have, but he got shit done fast and he was waiting for me wayyy more than I ever waited for him. I never worried he‘d mess up submitting my package so 10/10 would reapply through him again.

exNavyOffRec

I couldn’t even get my recruiter to submit my paperwork correctly. I had to micromanage him. He sent my recommendation documents without the forms for them. I ended up having to get another recruiter to verify I was in the system. I understand the applicate should be taking the initiative but I would expect the recruiter could do the very basics.
It would be interesting to know what the experiences are and the ranks of the OR's people worked with.

GAhnee

It would be interesting to know what the experiences are and the ranks of the OR's people worked with.
My initial OR was a CPO and really great. He sat down with me for like 4 hours and answered all my questions when I first started the process. Awesome all around. Unfortunately, he PCS’d and passed me off to an E6 who didn’t really care about her job. She PCS’d and I later found out that she did not pass off any of her applicants to another recruiter, which ended up with me having to reach out to the OMBUDSMAN of the reserve base just to find out who took over OR duties so I could finish my package. I ended up with the LT I have now. He’s been iffy. Getting him to answer a question is nearly impossible. I ended up sending him a lot of information 2-3 times because he “couldn’t” find the email that had it. I think my overall experience with my recruiters has been positive, it was just especially hard to track down the right person to talk to because I was deployed during half the process.

LouisLu

BlueEyesWhiteDragon
View attachment 27434

Every time I think of a battleship I always think of this movie, and how battleship USS Missouri (BB-63) defeated aliens from outer space. ?

If possible aiming to get on the same CVN aircraft carrier my dad assigned to his last two years before he retired at 20 years. But if I can’t get that one, then I will try to get on any ship my dad was assigned during his USN career! But yeah my dad on Saturday night told me said go destroyer, carrier, or just go to a big ship.

In my game (world of warship) if I get to use the Iowa Class’s all 9 main guns for a volley,it can one shot everything ... including the Yamato.

SeaWarrior

I have a LT. He's been great from the beginning. I was his first prior enlisted applicant and he's been motivated and super helpful throughout the entire process. Would always answer questions and even reach out to see how things were going from time to time. I feel bad for those who have had shitty experiences with their OR because mine has been a 10/10.