• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO BOARD 17AUG20

zoeth

Over 9000
Can you enlighten a civilian. What is HARP duty?
It stands for Hometown Area Assistance Recruiting Program. Essentially after OCS you go back home to your local office (generally the one you applied out of) to assist with basic admin etc. until your schools are ready for you. SNA have a notoriously long HARP program, SWOS generally never went because of SWOS in a box. However now that the SWO pipeline is more rigorous and quite a bit longer (3+ months BDOC, 2 Months JOOD and generally I-stops in between it takes 6-12 months after graduation from your commissioning source until you get to your ultimate command.

Did I hear right that there were over 500 applicants that applied with a >40% acceptance?! If so the pipeline is going to be so backed up for the schools after. The last Academy class had to wait months in limbo to get their BDOC and JOOD classes. We were supposed to get 6 new Ensigns in June and they got pushed to December. I could see SWOS getting HARP duty if this continues!
538 applicants and we don’t have the proboard list yet to see how many Y or N

exNavyOffRec

It stands for Hometown Area Assistance Recruiting Program. Essentially after OCS you go back home to your local office (generally the one you applied out of) to assist with basic admin etc. until your schools are ready for you. SNA have a notoriously long HARP program, SWOS generally never went because of SWOS in a box. However now that the SWO pipeline is more rigorous and quite a bit longer (3+ months BDOC, 2 Months JOOD and generally I-stops in between it takes 6-12 months after graduation from your commissioning source until you get to your ultimate command.
Given all the restrictions due to COVID and the fact that nearly all the events NRD's would use officers on TDY for have been cancelled I don't see an NRD taking a chance.

LouisLu

BlueEyesWhiteDragon
I would like to start school ASAP after OCS and then get on a warship and sail out ASAP. Honestly I don’t want to stay on the land anymore ahhh it’s boring for me... the sea is the ultimate destination ;)

almond_615

I would like start OCS ASAP they said
I want to be on a ship ASAP they said
Poop overflows and floods onto your deck
I sure miss home ?
And this is why greenside is better.
On the greenside you burn the poop so nothing overflows. SUUURRREE. I'll be targeted in a mesothelioma commercial in ten years, but it's better than stepping poop deck. "Did you serve in Iraq or Afghanistannnnn? Did you burn your poop? We've got the solution for you."

jlee199

Im one of the few lucky ones who have heard back from their OR's that they've been assigned an OCS date but im guessing I shouldn't celebrating just quite yet.

Anyone hear stories of people who, like me have gotten an OCS date, but turns out were not Pro rec Y? or even got a pro rec Y but did not get Final select letter? (just one of those 3am overthinking nights)