• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board 12APR21

eahmed4

There appears to be over twice as many names on this board as the last one. Does anybody have enough insight to know how much more competitive it'll be? Would it be likely they take around 50 guys like they did on last board or would it be around the same percentage regardless of how many applications?
I’m inclined to believe this will be different because I think they will start selecting more for FY22 now. Someone can correct me, but I’m sure FY21 has filled their quotas

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
I’m inclined to believe this will be different because I think they will start selecting more for FY22 now. Someone can correct me, but I’m sure FY21 has filled their quotas
FY21 has filled because I was ProRec’d in Feb SWO board and received an FY22 ship date. Depending on what happens with the March Intel board, I’ll likely request an earlier ship date.

exNavyOffRec

So far, I have gotten a pro-rec no from SWO in the summer, pro-rec no for Supply in the fall, waiting on PAO results from march 31, and pushed for SWO from feb to now hearing that I didn’t make the board. I have no waivers, arrests, clean at meps, 50 OAR, in good shape. No clue what is preventing me

I am surprised you rec'd a N for SWO last time, not too surprised about Supply given how the PA reads and what they have looked for in the past, PAO I would be surprised if picked up.

It is also odd you missed the last 2 SWO boards, did you have Supply, PAO and SWO on the last application you submitted.

exNavyOffRec

Given the time it takes to get everything processed, and to get the paperwork for candidates to fill out to actually ship, and then the ROM it is realistic that this board will only select FY 22 and since FY 22 spots are already being filled how many they fill now will depend on how many have already been filled and what they have allocated for this board.

nschmidt5

I am surprised you rec'd a N for SWO last time, not too surprised about Supply given how the PA reads and what they have looked for in the past, PAO I would be surprised if picked up.

It is also odd you missed the last 2 SWO boards, did you have Supply, PAO and SWO on the last application you submitted.

The first swo board I just had SWO. Supply board I had Supply and SWO. The PAO one I was informed by my recruiter that they needed more applicants so I added that to my ASPR. My degree is communications and I got 3 great appraisals from an O4, O5, and O6 but I do agree that that is a long shot

exNavyOffRec

The first swo board I just had SWO. Supply board I had Supply and SWO. The PAO one I was informed by my recruiter that they needed more applicants so I added that to my ASPR. My degree is communications and I got 3 great appraisals from an O4, O5, and O6 but I do agree that that is a long shot
your recruiter probably had an application quota for PAO and decided to have you be the one he submitted.

If you met the math requirement for Supply I would say then I would be a little surprised you weren't picked up.

nschmidt5

your recruiter probably had an application quota for PAO and decided to have you be the one he submitted.

If you met the math requirement for Supply I would say then I would be a little surprised you weren't picked up.

Thanks for the honesty. I’m just beyond irritated at this point.

I am sure it's mentioned on here somewhere so I apologize, but does anyone know what the number next to your name means on the at board list?

exNavyOffRec

Are you able to sit down with your OR and review your packet? What can be done to make yourself be a more stand-out candidate?

I know @exNavyOffRec will say it likely doesn't matter, but you could always work on your personal statement. Perhaps see if it could be improved.
Sometimes people are just overlooked, they tend to move fast, he should have been at the board, very odd.