• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board 12APR21

Conqueror’sHaki

SWOTIVATED MUSTANG
First attempt on the OAR and I received a 46. I was told by my recruiter that I should apply for the next SWO board (August), with this score. He said I have a strong APSR motivational statement and Letter of Rec. file. I'm nervous that this OAR doesn't "stand out" enough. I am tempted to apply with this score though so I don't waste another try on the OAR this go around. Thoughts?

??

exNavyOffRec

From the all the entries on the Google doc for this Board. Sample size is about 12% of total submissions at the board.
Average for PRO REC Y
OAR: 55.4
GPA: 3.39
79% Male vs 21% Female
57% prior service.
unfortunately it is a small number that do find this site, it is more likely for priors or AD to find it though.

don't worry about the OAR, you can have a great OAR but if you have a crap GPA the crap GPA is all they will pay attention to.
So you would say the OAR is literally just the "ticket" to get your packet in front of the board? It plays a very small role in the deciding process compared to the APSR, Recommendations, GPA/Degree?

exNavyOffRec

So you would say the OAR is literally just the "ticket" to get your packet in front of the board? It plays a very small role in the deciding process compared to the APSR, Recommendations, GPA/Degree?
some designators go more into the application than others, generally those are the small ones like Supply, CEC, and IWC. SWO is high volume so GPA and degree are good, maybe quick scan of statement, LOR's probably not unless something in your record causes them to look at them, these boards go fast.