• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS SWO Board 10 Feb 20

Mel345

Why are you going to boot camp? Is it with the navy still?

Yes it's for navy

And because I didn't even know about OCS when I went to join, I was wanting to enlist. I was almost done with school so they showed me this route...but honestly I'm ready to leave and do something. I don't want to wait months for another board

Jbyrne89

If SWO was your top choice, you shouldn't have let your recruiter list it first. I believe if your first choice accepts you, that's the route you take. But without a Pro-Rec Y/N, you will not know. You could always tell your recruiter you'd like to withdraw from the NFO results and take SWO if it came through first. But I do not believe you get to pick between the designators if selected for both.

so, is it possible that’s an AD thing? I just called the recruiting office for my city and spoke to a different recruiter and he said I would only be pulled from SWO if the results from NFO came out first and I accepted?

Bags

The recruiters on here can correct me if I'm wrong, but in my past experience, you have to wait for the 1st choice results to come out, or you tell your OR that you want to take the second one, and you won't be considered for the first choice anymore (or something along those lines)

so I won’t find out my second choice results?

1812TC

Good luck to everyone waiting on this board to finally get signed off!
Chief Gunner's Mate
Applied for SWO with approved age waiver: 33 years old
GPA: 3.45 BA and 3.4 MA
10 years Active Duty
Served onboard: USS Anzio, USS Monterey, MARMC, USS Vicksburg
welcome Chief.

TyKing

pilot
I've been in DEP since August lol, it is nice to know that if I get a no here I'm leaving very shortly after. I don't have to worry about "if I don't get in". But still hoping for a Y! And a Y for everyone on here ?

I don't know your whole story, but I'll give you this piece of advice. As someone that is currently enlisted, do not enlist if you think one day you would like to be a officer. It's possible to become a officer after you enlist but it is a lot harder. I know you want to leave right away, however a commission is not easy to come by, plus its worth the wait, and if you have a degree I would always recommend a commission unless your okay with your whole military career being enlisted. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed my time enlisted. I've gotten to travel the world, do amazing things, and meet amazing people. However, if I could do it over again I would have came in as a officer first instead, knowing what I know now.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I just wanted to give you this perspective just in case no one has yet. Plus my goal is to be a Navy Pilot, which you have to have a commission to do, so if you don't really care what you do in the Navy then going enlisted may be fine with you.

Tacticalhusky

so, is it possible that’s an AD thing? I just called the recruiting office for my city and spoke to a different recruiter and he said I would only be pulled from SWO if the results from NFO came out first and I accepted?
I'm just now noticing I had a pretty massive error, where I said shouldn't have instead of should. If you are picked up for your first choice, your second choice will not matter. If you are picked up for your second and not your first, you go with second. If you are picked up for second choice and do not want to wait to hear the results about the first choice, you may tell them you are no longer interested in that path and would like to choose the one that accepted you already.