• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS SWO Board 10 Feb 20

Mel345

HAHA! I've been creepin on this thread since it was created but my profile just got approved lol. I've been wanting to say...I'm a dual applicant, meaning if I dont get a Y I will be going to bootcamp in march, so I'm thinking they need to tell me before I ship, so I cant imagine it taking weeks...hope this gives people hope that we wont be in the dark forever lol

EO87

Question: If I get my 2 choice results before my 1st choice results, what happens assuming I am selected for 2nd choice?
From Mr. Paul, if PROREC-Y for an applicants 2and choice prior to the board convening for the applicants 1st choice, the selection will be held until the #1 choice board convenes and selection results are distributed.

Tacticalhusky

Question: If I get my 2 choice results before my 1st choice results, what happens assuming I am selected for 2nd choice?
The recruiters on here can correct me if I'm wrong, but in my past experience, you have to wait for the 1st choice results to come out, or you tell your OR that you want to take the second one, and you won't be considered for the first choice anymore (or something along those lines)

madelinebridge

HAHA! I've been creepin on this thread since it was created but my profile just got approved lol. I've been wanting to say...I'm a dual applicant, meaning if I dont get a Y I will be going to bootcamp in march, so I'm thinking they need to tell me before I ship, so I cant imagine it taking weeks...hope this gives people hope that we wont be in the dark forever lol
Good luck! What are your scores?

Jbyrne89

The recruiters on here can correct me if I'm wrong, but in my past experience, you have to wait for the 1st choice results to come out, or you tell your OR that you want to take the second one, and you won't be considered for the first choice anymore (or something along those lines)

what about if you’re selected for choice 1 before choice 2 convenes but no results have come out? My recruiter put NFO as my first choice and swo as my second - he felt it was a better move strategically (said something like “swo will take someone who puts swo as number two, NFO prefers to take people who put NFO as number one. I’d like you to be able to choose.”). NFO met like 10 days before SWO or something. Was clear the whole process swo is my top choice haha.

Tacticalhusky

what about if you’re selected for choice 1 before choice 2 convenes but no results have come out? My recruiter put NFO as my first choice and swo as my second - he felt it was a better move strategically (said something like “swo will take someone who puts swo as number two, NFO prefers to take people who put NFO as number one. I’d like you to be able to choose.”). NFO met like 10 days before SWO or something. Was clear the whole process swo is my top choice haha.
If SWO was your top choice, you shouldn't have let your recruiter list it first. I believe if your first choice accepts you, that's the route you take. But without a Pro-Rec Y/N, you will not know. You could always tell your recruiter you'd like to withdraw from the NFO results and take SWO if it came through first. But I do not believe you get to pick between the designators if selected for both.