• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS SWO Board 10 Feb 20

Jbyrne89

Have they waited to schedule OCS dates before releasing results with SWO before?

Last SNA/NFO board took almost a month (Been about three weeks plus change on this current one) and I think they did the same thing. Judging from past boards, it looks like SWO has come out a lot faster, right?

1812TC

Last SNA/NFO board took almost a month (Been about three weeks plus change on this current one) and I think they did the same thing. Judging from past boards, it looks like SWO has come out a lot faster, right?

that’s what I’ve seen is that SWO normally beats them to release.

Nicholsq

FMF DOC
I'll be at 14 years when I'm commissioned so that would put me at 24 years before I'm eligible to retire as an officer. During my interview process I was definitely asked how long I planned on being an officer. My response was "it depends on the current state of my health, and work-life balance at the time". If I feel like I can keep on grindin then I most likely will continue to serve for 30 plus years and aspire to assume Command someday. but on the other hand, if I feel broke at 24-25 years, I just may hang up the uniform.

R.Dougie

Live•Laugh•Love
Alright now, so I called Mr. Paul AGAIN. He says that it should be soon. But that was the same word given last week. ? He mentioned waiting on results from three boards: AMDO,Aviation and SWO. I asked about the Admiral, he says that he/she still need to sign it. He added that community managers may know but he doesn't. I questioned the theory of waiting for school dates to be distributed along with results, he says not the case. Your CO will be notified and then a date will be decided for when you can leave...

n0rthstar

Alright now, so I called Mr. Paul AGAIN. He says that it should be soon. But that was the same word given last week. ? He mentioned waiting on results from three boards: AMDO,Aviation and SWO. I asked about the Admiral, he says that he/she still need to sign it. He added that community managers may know but he doesn't. I questioned the theory of waiting for school dates to be distributed along with results, he says not the case. Your CO will be notified and then a date will be decided for when you can leave...

Yeesh. Not good.

1812TC

Have they waited to schedule OCS dates before releasing results with SWO before?

No they have not waited until assigning OCS dates for SWO historically. If aviation is to find out soon, I would guess ours would be right before or exact same time. Stay patient and hopeful it’ll be here before the weekend. If it isn’t, doesn’t matter, one more weekend in the books.

BigRisk54

Anyone read any good books lately? I finished Delivered From Evil by Robert Leckie recently and really liked it.
Hi! I was selected on the November board and have been keeping myself occupied with reading. One of my uncles got me Sailing True North by Admiral James Stavridis. He talked about ten admirals throughout history and talks about their character. It got a little repetitive, but it’s still worth reading.

madelinebridge

Hi! I was selected on the November board and have been keeping myself occupied with reading. One of my uncles got me Sailing True North by Admiral James Stavridis. He talked about ten admirals throughout history and talks about their character. It got a little repetitive, but it’s still worth reading.
Neat, added to my list

Tacticalhusky

Wondering how many people are going to read the first four words of your post and freak out ?

AT2Pax

Check out "With the Old Breed" by E.B. Sledge and "Neptune's Inferno" by James Hornfischer. Both have a ton of military leadership lessons.

Jbyrne89

Well, shit, this is really annoying.
Anyone read any good books lately? I finished Delivered From Evil by Robert Leckie recently and really liked it.

Recently finished "Decision at Sea" by Craig Symonds. Its an interesting analysis of how 5 key Naval Battles helped shape American history and our current position and role in geopolitics. Pretty good!

Currently reading the newly commissioned officers guide sporadically because I'm also preparing to sit for a neighboring state's bar exam next week - yikes haha.