• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board 09 NOV 20

zarevich

I see it’s nothing wrong with asking a question but I read the instruction 1420. Which said your transcripts needed to certified. The comnavinst also speaks about transcripts but I believe it’s more on the recruiter/civilian side. What’s your email I’ll send you my package.
That is one of the questions I asked my CCC because according to 1420, college transcripts have to be sent separately and cannot be certified to be a true copy, and that is specifically only for OCS applicants. My CCC said that was before they started accepting packages through email. They really need to update 1420...

Fitzou

That is one of the questions I asked my CCC because according to 1420, college transcripts have to be sent separately and cannot be certified to be a true copy, and that is specifically only for OCS applicants. My CCC said that was before they started accepting packages through email. They really need to update 1420...

The entire instruction is basically toilet paper at this point.

It’s all over the place you got to read everything and put together the best possible package off the information they have available. ? I sent her my package hopefully that will help

sasebobeast

Hello Nov SWO Board 2020 these are the previous board stats for SWO. Board results for August 2020 SWO Board came out today! Keep in mind each board is different, but this should give you some insight on the SWO selection rates.

SWO Board February 2019, ProRec Y 159 out of 173 applicants =91.9%
SWO Board April 2019, ProRec Y 201 out of 208 applicants =96.6%
SWO Board June 2019, ProRec Y 146 out of 163 applicants = 89.5%
SWO Board August 2019, ProRec Y UNKOWN out of 228 applicants = ?
SWO Board November 2019, ProRec Y 215 out of 302 applicants = 71.1%
SWO Board February 2020, ProRec Y 99 out of 309 applicants=32%
SWO Board August 2020, ProRec Y 248 out of 525 applicants= 47.2%

zarevich

Hello Nov SWO Board 2020 these are the previous board stats for SWO. Board results for August 2020 SWO Board came out today! Keep in mind each board is different, but this should give you some insight on the SWO selection rates.

SWO Board February 2019, ProRec Y 159 out of 173 applicants =91.9%
SWO Board April 2019, ProRec Y 201 out of 208 applicants =96.6%
SWO Board June 2019, ProRec Y 146 out of 163 applicants = 89.5%
SWO Board August 2019, ProRec Y UNKOWN out of 228 applicants = ?
SWO Board November 2019, ProRec Y 215 out of 302 applicants = 71.1%
SWO Board February 2020, ProRec Y 99 out of 309 applicants=32%
SWO Board August 2020, ProRec Y 248 out of 525 applicants= 47.2%
Thanks for the info and congrats on getting Pro-Rec Y for SWO, good luck and hope to see you out in the fleet!

Update:

Whew Chile,

This was all over the place. I did end up talking to other recruiting commands, and it seems that what happened to me seemed specific to the command I'm in currently. The command I'm applying from does a prescreen and a "pre-board" before sending all the applications out. Applicants that are deemed competitive enough are sent to the board. It was this pre board that said my degree wasn't competitive enough. I tried contacting my recruiter, but ended up getting in touch with my recruiter's commander. He told me I'd have to wait for the next board since they made the decision, then I told him I will but probably with a different district.

Afterwards I get back in touch with my recruiter with the intention to transfer commands, and he tells me that my package was pushed through LAST WEEK. Which is so confusing because he called on Tuesday saying it didn't. And then said they'll push the package through if the applicant insists. So hopefully everything did push through at least. I'm still a little apprehensive but I'm staying optimistic. All this right before the deadline.

Thank you everyone for helping me out!

Good luck to everyone else! I pray no one had/has to go through this.

exNavyOffRec

Update:

Whew Chile,

This was all over the place. I did end up talking to other recruiting commands, and it seems that what happened to me seemed specific to the command I'm in currently. The command I'm applying from does a prescreen and a "pre-board" before sending all the applications out. Applicants that are deemed competitive enough are sent to the board. It was this pre board that said my degree wasn't competitive enough. I tried contacting my recruiter, but ended up getting in touch with my recruiter's commander. He told me I'd have to wait for the next board since they made the decision, then I told him I will but probably with a different district.

Afterwards I get back in touch with my recruiter with the intention to transfer commands, and he tells me that my package was pushed through LAST WEEK. Which is so confusing because he called on Tuesday saying it didn't. And then said they'll push the package through if the applicant insists. So hopefully everything did push through at least. I'm still a little apprehensive but I'm staying optimistic. All this right before the deadline.

Thank you everyone for helping me out!

Good luck to everyone else! I pray no one had/has to go through this.

What they are doing is technically not allowed and is flirting with an IG investigation.

The manuals are quite clear, anyone that meets basic requirement must be sent to NRC to be reviewed by the board, the only exception is if the NRD holds and conducts a field reject board, and then they have to give you a formal letter of rejection.

It seems as they are playing games with you, and I would be very suspect on anything they do from here on out.

What they are doing is technically not allowed and is flirting with an IG investigation.

The manuals are quite clear, anyone that meets basic requirement must be sent to NRC to be reviewed by the board, the only exception is if the NRD holds and conducts a field reject board, and then they have to give you a formal letter of rejection.

It seems as they are playing games with you, and I would be very suspect on anything they do from here on out.
That's interesting. Thank you for that info. It definitely felt like I was getting played, especially since I wasn't told prior about this. The recruiter tried to say there was a misunderstanding and even tried to passive aggressively blame my original recruiter for not telling me this. They reasoned they do this to not waste anyone's time, and I'm here feeling that's not fair at all.

Since this has happened I will be keeping my guard up and switching commands if I have to (for example the chance I don't get picked this time).

exNavyOffRec

That's interesting. Thank you for that info. It definitely felt like I was getting played, especially since I wasn't told prior about this. The recruiter tried to say there was a misunderstanding and even tried to passive aggressively blame my original recruiter for not telling me this. They reasoned they do this to not waste anyone's time, and I'm here feeling that's not fair at all.

Since this has happened I will be keeping my guard up and switching commands if I have to (for example the chance I don't get picked this time).
You can obviously tell by looking at those who submitted on this site and those that were picked up that what they were telling you is not true, the recruiter could have held your application to look good by submitting an application once the new FY takes effect (some from enlisted recruiting play this game) of course any halfway decent recruiter won't have a problem finding officer candidates.

Nitodc321

Hey All!

Posting my stats for the upcoming SWO board. I just submitted my package yesterday to both the officerapplication@navy.mil email and directly to Mr. Celestin just to cover my bases. This is the second package I've submitted, first was to the AMDO Proboard which was due 2 weeks ago or something and is confirmed to be forwarded to the board with a few waivers attached to it. Good luck to everyone applying!

AE1(AW) (Made First Class Cycle 2 2019)
Commands (present to past): CJSFW, VFA-101, VFA-14
30 years old
TIS: 10 years
Associates in General Studies East Florida State College, 2008, GPA: 2.71
Bachelors in Military Studies from Ashford University, 2020, GPA: 3.96
Evals (present to past): EP (E5 Closeout), EP (Transfer E5), EP (Reg E5), MP (Reg E5), EP (Transfer E5)
Positions held (present to past): CJSFW Wing Inspector, VFA-101 AE ALPO, CAG-9 ARS LPO, VFA-14 ARS LPO
Collateral Duties: Battery Maintenance Safety Wing Program Manager, EAWS Coordinator, MWR Rep
OAR: 46
Interviews: (All 10’s): O-6 (SWO), O-5 (Aviator), O-4 (SWO)
Awards: COMM, NAM x3, FLOC, SOQ 2nd Quarter FY 2019, SOQ 3rd Quarter FY 2018, BJOY FY 2012
BPME, PPME, SEJPME, PPME (Officer), USMAP X2

zarevich

Quick question, did you guys get a confirmation email that your package was received and it is good to go? If so, how long after you submitted your package?