• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO BOARD 04 NOV 2019

parkers18

In regards to training, does anyone know how comprehensive the swimming courses will be? I am primarily weight lifting and running, should I change my routine and mix in other things to prepare me?

I doubt it will be bad at all. As long as you can at least tread water you will be fine im sure

hunterrr27

In regards to training, does anyone know how comprehensive the swimming courses will be? I am primarily weight lifting and running, should I change my routine and mix in other things to prepare me?
I spoke extensively with someone who attended OCS 3 years ago, this person said the only swimming they did was the jumping off the high deck and swimming to the other end of the pool, it wasn't timed and they only did it once

Tacticalhusky

I spoke extensively with someone who attended OCS 3 years ago, this person said the only swimming they did was the jumping off the high deck and swimming to the other end of the pool, it wasn't timed and they only did it once
This I believe is still correct. You'll also do a prone float (front or back), and fill your clothes with air. I haven't bothered spending any time in a pool. Calisthenics are more important to m right now lol

calebkelly4

I talked to an ensign that finished at Newport last week. He said the only people who had trouble with the swimming were people who didn’t know how to swim before they came to ocs. He also said that it’s basically jumping off a platform, swimming to the other side of the pool, and treading water for five minutes.

kyaunaking

I talked to an ensign that finished at Newport last week. He said the only people who had trouble with the swimming were people who didn’t know how to swim before they came to ocs. He also said that it’s basically jumping off a platform, swimming to the other side of the pool, and treading water for five minutes.
is the swim across the pool timed?

Acsantosus

Im AD if it's anything like boot camp you'll only have to swim a few times if you know how to swim.
It should only be one day if you know how to swim. Someone said the prone float was on the back... I’m a class 2 swimmer and the prone float is on your stomach with face in the water... YES you can bring your head up for air as many times as needed. PSA as long as you demonstrate “confidence” in the water and don’t panic or sink, It’s an easy pass. If the Navy is the branch of service you wanted to be in, I would hope that you would be comfortable in the water to some extent. no one is looking for you to be a fish, they just don’t want you to be the person that is drowning in 2 min.

Tacticalhusky

It should only be one day if you know how to swim. Someone said the prone float was on the back... I’m a class 2 swimmer and the prone float is on your stomach with face in the water... YES you can bring your head up for air as many times as needed. PSA as long as you demonstrate “confidence” in the water and don’t panic or sink, It’s an easy pass. If the Navy is the branch of service you wanted to be in, I would hope that you would be comfortable in the water to some extent. no one is looking for you to be a fish, they just don’t want you to be the person that is drowning in 2 min.
If you take a look at the otcn photos for the past few months, people are doing the proje float on their back as well

Beardog768

Congrats to all who got selected for SWO, unfortunately I did not get selected fro SWO. I was pretty confident coming into the board and so was my recruiter but it is what it is. I have a Supply board coming up and really praying that good news comes to me for this one. Looking at the stats for Supply, I am very worried I may not get selected.