• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO BOARD 04 NOV 2019

Putin Actual

When you say a "waiver for an OAR score is an automatic rejection", where is that in black and white? I know a few individuals that are in OCS with the same waivers.

Now I know there are precepts for any/every selection board, I'm sincerely looking for factual feedback only...thank you.
I have exhausted my test attempts btw. Appreciate your input and Congratulations on your selection.
It’s not an automatic rejection. As long as the waiver is approved then you are at board. It does impact the package negatively that’s why you have to really give them hell in your personal statement, LOR’s, interviews, and awards. I would even knock out your Officer PPME from the Navy War College and the JKO PPME for Officers (big ticket item there).
You have to realize that everyone’s selection process is unique to the person. We see the pro-rec Y but in many cases there is a journey that leads to it. Think of this as your journey. The board may have not selected you because they want to see if you are dedicated enough to re-submit. This maybe the check in the box that will deliver your pro-rec y. Re-submit, tailor your CO recommendation and personal statement around the fact that you are submitting for the second time, and let them know that you won’t stop until they push 100!

Putin Actual

Here are my stats. Big key items I would pass down are interviews hold more weight then LOR’s. Shoot for O-6 interviews and a minimum of 3 (SWO Only). One LOR from someone that knows you well, and one from an O-6 and above that you worked for successfully. It may seem difficult to get this but it’s actually fairly easy. Contact me and I’ll show you the proper way to reach out. Good luck.
First Class Petty Officer: ABH1(AW/IW)
OAR: 40
GPA: 3.37
Degree: Bachelors in Science
Interviews: O-6(SWO), O-6(SWO), O-6(SWO), O-5(SWO), and O-4(SWO)
LOR: O-8, and O-5
Awards: COMx2, NAMx4, Navy Region East Leadership Award FY-17
Program: SWO

exNavyOffRec

they want to see if you are dedicated enough to re-submit.

This is information that keeps getting put out that isn't correct, it is straight up best qualified, sometimes that will include people with waivers, sometimes it won't, while their was an OAR waiver the senior member this time could have said he wouldn't entertain those, or only is above a certain score. In the case of some boards like Supply or IWC for years ANY waiver was almost an automatic rejection.