• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO BOARD 04 NOV 2019

Acsantosus

PRO REC Y

Stats:
Active Duty: HM2 (FMF/SW) 13 years
Award: FLOC, CAR, NA (x2)
OAR 43
Undergrad GPA: 3.2 health administration, Current Masters Student 5 classes in: GPA 3.93
Community options: SWO only pick
LOR: None
interviews. O-6, O-5, O-4. ALL SWOs. ALL 10s
Any questions...feel free.
I wish I could get a grasp on what the key factors are the board was looking at. Those of us who were AD all have very different packages. We all come from different communities and our degrees are all very different. I also only had SWO selected on my application and my OAR was almost as low as you can get but I figured I passed it so I should submit and if it didn’t work out I would just take it again. I did have a high GPA though. Congratulations on your PROREC Y see you at OCS!

Nicholsq

FMF DOC
I wish I could get a grasp on what the key factors are the board was looking at. Those of us who were AD all have very different packages. We all come from different communities and our degrees are all very different. I also only had SWO selected on my application and my OAR was almost as low as you can get but I figured I passed it so I should submit and if it didn’t work out I would just take it again. I did have a high GPA though. Congratulations on your PROREC Y see you at OCS!
Don't get discouraged and keep pushing.

Catman5211

I know I see so many differences in the packages you can’t really tell what they’re looking for exactly
Stats:
Active Duty: HM2 (SW/AW/IW) 7.5 years
Award: NAM (x2)
OAR 49
Undergrad GPA: 3.71 Bachelors of Science Liberal Arts
Community options: #1 SWO #2 Supply
LOR: O-6 MC, O-3 MSC, O-3 Chaps, HMCM
interviews. O-5 SUPPO O-3 Supply O-4 SWO mixed marks
Evals: MP, EP, EP, MP

Donell_p4

PRO REC Y

Just wanted to put my stats out there for anyone who has doubts about apply and having a competitive package. Didn't think I would make it but i did.

No prior service - but I had Enlisted in July and was in Dep till January so I just decided to apply for SWO & see what happens.
Age 22
OAR 46
BA 2.98 GPA
Interviews O5-AMDO, all 10's
LORs Academic advisor and Supervisor
4 year college athlete, 3 year captain & Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
SWO #1 (First time applying)

GmoneyAl88

PRO REC Y

Just wanted to put my stats out there for anyone who has doubts about apply and having a competitive package. Didn't think I would make it but i did.

No prior service - but I had Enlisted in July and was in Dep till January so I just decided to apply for SWO & see what happens.
Age 22
OAR 46
BA 2.98 GPA
Interviews O5-AMDO, all 10's
LORs Academic advisor and Supervisor
4 year college athlete, 3 year captain & Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
SWO #1 (First time applying)
That’s legit you got into OCS and didn’t have to enlist man. Where did you play?

R.Dougie

Live•Laugh•Love
Our packages were very diverse. I'm really happy for you guys. Seeing you all post is definitely motivating and pressing me to get my life together for the next board.

Come Tuesday I'm calling to ask what did I not have I mean damn, Respectfully of course, I am lost. Now I know how the E6s feeling going up for Chief and not being selected. It doesn't seem to be about the highest OAR, highest GPA, most awards, experience, all 10s, interviews. It really is a combination, a wild card.

R.Dougie

Live•Laugh•Love
The world may never know. However, you made it man. Only advice to really give may be if you don't get it,just try again. Their requirements may change from time to time with the river of applications flowing in.

My waivers may have been too much. I had an OAR and AGE waiver. (Shrugs) idk

KristenQT

@R.Dougie What is your TIS?

IMHO I think the SWO board looks for a wide variety of selectees in general since it's the most general and broad category of Naval Officer. Seems that they have a quota that they know they want to fill and at some points they are probably going through applications and trying to find a reason to not select. I would think that the more waivers you have the more likely you are giving the board that reason.

I could easily go medical corps and to ODS with my degree, certification, and job experience, however I want a complete change. I have no clue why I was selected but, hey who couldn't use an extra corpsman on a ship?!

R.Dougie

Live•Laugh•Love
@KristenQT compared to my babies on the ship, I'm old AF. I'll be 34 tomorrow and have been in 15 years.

My CO was concerned about the OAR waiver and pushed me to do my best. Even with time in between, a tutor and dedicated study time, I scored a 38 each time.

My degree is HR so if HR had a direct path, I'd try that. My age, TIS, and OAR limit my options a great deal. But I am still really excited and aim for SWO as my top choice. I did put IP but they denied a waiver of OAR.