• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Swimming

Status
Not open for further replies.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
no not really man, hand over hand, nice and slow and calm like, and hope no other retards freak out in front of you. When you are blind folded, and the idiot in front of u freaks, you hand over hand onto a person where the window should be.... not too fun

airwinger

pilot
Helo dunker...you can hold your breath for two minutes...wait till all the retards claw each other to shreds..then hand over hand as bch says and escape. Even blindfold from the copilots seat it's still cake.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Yeah, it kicked my butt too. It seemed like I would have my route and hand holds picked out, but once the dunker flipped upside down and then I flipped rightside up, it was next to impossible. Even now, I feel like I was fortunate to get out of that thing! I'm a great swimmer, never panicked, just for some reason became extremely disoriented!

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I found that stupid little chair-in-the-cage to be a lot worse than the dunker... but then again, I lucked out on the blindfolded one and wound up in the right seat (pilot or cp...whichever in helos) and had a window right there.

WannaBEaP3gal

Thanks for all the advice (and horror stories)... I think I'm mainly gonna focus on endurance and getting comfortable w/ holding my breath underwater for long periods of time. Thanx guys!

Pags

N/A
pilot
IceWoman04 said:
Thanks for all the advice (and horror stories)... I think I'm mainly gonna focus on endurance and getting comfortable w/ holding my breath underwater for long periods of time. Thanx guys!

if you're ever underwater for more than 20sec in API, something is wrong.

Bevo16

pilot
I was one of the guys one of the guys who has the worst body type for the pool. I was a jock in college, so I was over 200 pounds and I don't carry a lot of body fat. It didn't help anything that my experience in water was pretty much limited to tubing down the Guadalupe river in college. The only part of the pool portion that I had trouble with was treading water with the gear on, and that was because of my body type. I managed to pass on my first try, but I puked and passed out as soon as I got out of the pool.

I don't think that any of the women in my class had any trouble with the pool. It is easier for women to tread water because they have higher body fat %'s. You also tend to pay more attention to the instructors while us guys think that we already know everything and we are going to do it all our own way.

The bottom line is not to sweat the pool. More than anything, it is a nice break from class.

WannaBEaP3gal

Pleseantly plump?! That's just another word for fat... I hope you're not married, cause your wife would kick your a$$ if you said something like that

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
FInd a pool you can go to. Then, run three or four miles to the pool, jump in, and hold your breath as long as you can. Then the stuff at API will seem silly.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
The only problem is that despite the capability to be completely tactless, I am also very charming (not to brag, but I've been told I am). I'm the guy you love to hate and hate to love.

Seriously, though, pound for pound, women tend to have a higher percentage of body fat than men, thus making floating easier. If you're athletic and real scrawny, then you're pretty much screwed like the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.