• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWA: Sick out? Work stoppage? ATC? WX? Oppression? Violation of rights? Tantrum?

exNavyOffRec

Pags

N/A
pilot
Management would have been better off not saying anything and giving him a slap on the wrist instead of prolonging the story and still giving him a slap on the wrist.

They’ll have plenty of bad publicity during the upcoming meltdown.
I'm sure there was a lot of public interest so management had to say something.

taxi1

pilot
I'm sure there was a lot of public interest so management had to say something.
The Let's Go Brandon was an inside joke for a little bit, but everyone knows the SWA pilot said "Fuck Joe Biden" over the PA system during a flight, so...yes. Requires a response.

Pags

N/A
pilot
The Let's Go Brandon was an inside joke for a little bit, but everyone knows the SWA pilot said "Fuck Joe Biden" over the PA system during a flight, so...yes. Requires a response.
Yep. Even if there someone on the flight named Brandon or the pilot was a NASCAR fan I'm sure management doesn't appreciate the media attention when they just got out of the media hotseat.

exNavyOffRec

Yep. Even if there someone on the flight named Brandon or the pilot was a NASCAR fan I'm sure management doesn't appreciate the media attention when they just got out of the media hotseat.
In today's climate I would guess of the population 30% liked what he said, 30% hated what he said, and 40% believe he should have thought more about what he was doing. There are things we would like to say or do, but realize thinking about it and doing it are 2 different things.

SlickAg

pilot
“If Biden’s allies in the media think getting airline pilots fired over a meme will somehow improve the president’s disastrous approval ratings and convince the public that he’s doing just fine, they are as delusional as they are austere.”

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Some AP reporter claims that what was said.
It is right to be initially suspicious. But there is nothing to suggest it wasn't said. It has been a few days. Where are the passengers correcting the record? The source and coincidence of her presence makes me initially suspicious. But I absolutely can imagine it being said. Holy cow, what sport of pilots are you flying with?

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Yup, the response should be "We agree, Fuck Joe Biden and his stupidity!"

johnboyA6E

None
to many people apparently, there's no rational reason to oppose or criticize Biden. If you say "let's go brandon" it automatically means you are a white nationalist, racist, trumper. does it not occur to them that maybe a lot of people are getting tired of the Biden shit show?

i agree, probably not the best headwork to say that over the PA, but the responses to it have been absolutely hysterical

all these people who want to boycott Southwest might be surprised to hear what all the other airline pilots are saying

BTW - on a related note, i hear that "let's go Brandon" is being broadcast on guard all the time, is that true?

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
It's true. I wasn't hearing it so much earlier in October, but the last couple weeks I'd hear it about once an hour (flying around the southwest U.S. and the midwest, FWIW).

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
It's true. I wasn't hearing it so much earlier in October, but the last couple weeks I'd hear it about once an hour (flying around the southwest U.S. and the midwest, FWIW).
Same. I've been all over the midwest IFR in the last week. Its constant. Now animal noises on Guard - that's way down!!