• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Surfing

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
*SIGH* .... I envy you guys ... carrying on the tradition and all. This is the way it was back-in-the-day at OCS, TBS, PreFlight, and all the rest ....

jodymccrea9.jpg
lrg259.jpg

MasterBates

A4s, you really are dating yourself. The pic on the right is c1930.

So how was it "landing" with a "skyhook" on the Macon?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
A4s, you really are dating yourself. The pic on the right is c1930.

So how was it "landing" with a "skyhook" on the Macon?
Yeah, yeah, yeah .... but when I met him in the 50's @ Kuhio Beach ... the SOB tried to pick up my MOTHER@ for Pete's Sake .... !!!! :eek:

In spite of that, he did take me out and showed me (tried to, anyway) how to get up on a big, heavy longboard ... that's all the Beachboys had back then ... longboards .... i.e., the "real" Beachboys. :)

Plus ... the "Father of Surfing" had a gas station on Kalakaua Avenue ... I can't believe the Mokes' knocked it down to build an office building.

plc67

pilot
Bringing your surfboard to TBS is probably better than bringing your golf clubs to OCC. Happened in the 60s and the offending candidate got to haul his clubs on conditioning hikes. He made it through; he must have been a physical stud because the hikes minus the clubs liked to have killed me. Although I would've gladly carried Annette, surfboard and all, on any hike.

A.Kuettel

While we are on the boarding subject, is there any place with in driving distance of TBS to snowboard?

Midshipmanjosh

There are several place with in about a 2-3 hour drive so i hear. Im planning on hitting up some snowboarding (if i have time) later in december.

Carno

Insane
Well, I'm not bringing my surfboard, but I am definitely bringing my snowboard. I want to get as days on the snow as possible while I'm doing TAD before TBS.

Carno

Insane
Well, I've only been to the mountains in North Carolina, and they are pretty small and very icy. Never been further north so I don't know how the snow is on the bigger mountains.