• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Supply DCO Board: 3 Feb, 2014

mit311

"When you mean seen, meaning your package never made it to board? Did your OR tell you before the board met that it wasn't seen or did you have to wait to find out after the board finished."

I didn't find out until after the results were released. BUT also due to recruiter error, I was not submitted until the day of the submittal deadline.... those were the packets that were held at HQ and not seen by the Board last year.

nswiat

No word here in Washington either, It has been nearly a year from start to finish so hopefully there will be some good news in the coming weeks. I believe there were only two of us, possibly just myself from the area.

DoubleOswo7

Results are out... I was not selected. Good luck everyone. My feedback was that the only real way to enhance my packet would be graduate school. I have been working with a Ret. CDR on some military contract work and could get a 2 star SEAL Admiral LOR and try re-submitting with that. I am waiting to see what my OR thinks of that. But it seems like at the moment a year long journey through OCS and DCO is ending with some disappointment. However I will continue to push on! Good luck everyone, Go Navy!

Rowdy

Same here.....I am a non-select (bummer). I may try again, but was told the same thing about a graduate degree. So, just to be clear......45 were selected? My OR told me about 20 and only 4 are from the southeast region.

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
FYI for those here who are planning on applying for Supply DCO: The word is on the street now that the July 2014 DCO Board will not happen. The next DCO Board will be in February 2015. This is of no surprise due to the plethora of Supply Corps DCOs in "inventory" right now and that many units have been decommissioned within the past year. (e.g. NCHBs and Seabees) I expect the selection rate will remain low at that board as it was for the past few years. Many Supply Corps DCOs are sitting "IAP" which means they don't have a billet and are simply assigned to a unit that doesn't necessarily have a spot for them. Selecting more DCOs now would only compound the problem. If you want to join, keep yourself competitive and apply when you can. It's a great place to serve.

RaginCajun

Good afternoon gentlemen and ladies,

I'm just dropping in to give a bit of info. 45 were selected this time and the second board for the year is definitely cancelled.

I was selected last January and just completed the first phase of supply corps school (actually in the airport now waiting to leave). All of the class either had a graduate degree and 1 has 2-3classes left before he has one.

The school is tough and the workload is intense. Don't give up. Keep trying, and if you work at it and yourself you will succeed.

Chop07

I'm certainly here to answer any questions you might have but not much to share at this point except to say that the board is still on schedule for February. And yes, your motivational statement really matters...every one is read! Be sure to mention leadership if you actually have it, too. It's not just about your degree but the "whole person" and how you may fit within our Supply Corps.

RaginCajun

I'm certainly here to answer any questions you might have but not much to share at this point except to say that the board is still on schedule for February. And yes, your motivational statement really matters...every one is read! Be sure to mention leadership if you actually have it, too. It's not just about your degree but the "whole person" and how you may fit within our Supply Corps.

This is 100% true. Good Luck. Getting in is the easy part. Finding a billet once you complete BQC-NR is the tough part. A lot of the officers who just finished BQC-NR are having trouble finding billets.

I am applying for Supply Corps DCO this coming February 2015 for the 1st time and want to know what my chances are. I have 3 Outstanding Recommendations from Supply Commanders, 2 Outstanding Recommendations from Supply Captains and I have a recommendation from a US Congressman. I hold a Bachelors and Masters Degree. I was on active duty for 12 years and now in the Reserves as an LS2 (SW/AW). My last 3 Evals were all EP's.

Chop07

How many total years do you have? What is your master's degree? GPA? Leadership experience? What do you do as a civilian? Bankruptcy?

14 years of service, MBA with a 3.48 GPA. My last command I was at was NAS Oceana and I was the Maintenance LPO for the airfield in charge of 65 sailors. I work in a Steel Mill in PA as the Maintenance and Supply Manager. No Bankruptcy!

Chop07

You are a great candidate but the 14 years of service "could" be a problem because the board will look at you and know you can punch out after only 6 more years. If you apply AND you intend NOT to do that, you must make that crystal clear in your motivational statement. We are very heavy at the LT level and very low at the LCDR level because years ago, those with prior service were selected heavily....then they get out and it leaves the LCDR rank undermanned. If you do not plan to serve past 20, you can still apply but that much service will be a mark against you...but everything else looks great.