• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Supply DCO Board: 3 Feb, 2014

mit311

Ok, here we go again! Selection Board meets in one week and may have as few as 45 slots. Applicants can discuss here or bookmark so selectees can stay in touch through the commissioning process.

Cheers,

-Tim

kdubAF

AF NCO
What's the difference between this & the supply board that met on Jan 12th? My recruiter put me in for supply but I didn't realize there were different areas of supply. Thanks.

mit311

This is the Reserve DCO Board, info is below. Maybe the board that met in Jan was for Supply OCS?

14-211
SUPPLY DCO BOARD
CHIEF, SUPPLY CORPS
App Window: 15-Dec-12 to 11-Dec-13
App Due Date: 11-Dec-13
Convene: 3-Feb-14
To pick remaining FY14 quotas and part of FY15 quotas

What's the difference between this & the supply board that met on Jan 12th? My recruiter put me in for supply but I didn't realize there were different areas of supply. Thanks.

DoubleOswo7

This is the Reserve DCO Board, info is below. Maybe the board that met in Jan was for Supply OCS?

14-211
SUPPLY DCO BOARD
CHIEF, SUPPLY CORPS
App Window: 15-Dec-12 to 11-Dec-13
App Due Date: 11-Dec-13
Convene: 3-Feb-14
To pick remaining FY14 quotas and part of FY15 quotas

I believe it was for OCS. That was the last board I could apply to before "aging out"

DoubleOswo7

Spoke to my ORR... he said we should hear back by the beginning of March. I am hoping sooner but I have learned now over the year of pursuing OCS and now USNR Officer that everything moves at a glacial pace. :)

mit311

Last year it took about one week for the results to leak out, so I am assuming the same this time around. I was also able to confirm that I at least made it to the Board this year. Last year my packet was held at HQ and I didn't find out until after results were released.

DoubleOswo7

Last year it took about one week for the results to leak out, so I am assuming the same this time around. I was also able to confirm that I at least made it to the Board this year. Last year my packet was held at HQ and I didn't find out until after results were released.

Would love a week turn around. Have some other opportunities I'm holding out on until I hear from the board. Would love to get this opportunity with the Navy. My packet was confirmed there and squared away.... now we wait.... Good Luck everyone!

Rowdy

Hello Fellow Supply Applicants,

This is my 1st time applying for DCO Supply. I received confirmation this week my package is awaiting the boards review as well. It's been a long process/wait, but have enjoyed every moment of it.

Does anyone know the number of applicants by chance.......any rumors? I too have heard that 45 is the number their looking to select.

DoubleOswo7

Hello Fellow Supply Applicants,

This is my 1st time applying for DCO Supply. I received confirmation this week my package is awaiting the boards review as well. It's been a long process/wait, but have enjoyed every moment of it.

Does anyone know the number of applicants by chance.......any rumors? I too have heard that 45 is the number their looking to select.

45 seems to be the number going around. My ORR seemed very positive though I mean I worked hard to have a competitive packet but its still tough comp out there. All you guys are solid!

Rowdy

45 seems to be the number going around. My ORR seemed very positive though I mean I worked hard to have a competitive packet but its still tough comp out there. All you guys are solid!

I agree w/ everyone being solid. Reviewing all the postings from prior boards.......there's just no way to nail it down.

Btw DoubleOswo7, you have (14) LOR's? Wow....I just had (3) submitted from a LT (AD), CDR (Ret.), & CAPT (Ret.).

DoubleOswo7

I agree w/ everyone being solid. Reviewing all the postings from prior boards.......there's just no way to nail it down.

Btw DoubleOswo7, you have (14) LOR's? Wow....I just had (3) submitted from a LT (AD), CDR (Ret.), & CAPT (Ret.).

I think my ORR only used 3-4 for my USNR packet. An O-6, two Supply O-5's and a SOCOM SPECWAR O-5 Navy Diver that I do some contract work for.

I got a little aggressive on my OCS packet and yes used 14 LOR's haha. Due to my age I only had one shot at the end last year at SWO, INTEL and SUPPLY... and sadly I did not get them.

DoubleOswo7

My Diver 0-5 is recently retired. Are yours all supply corps? My ORR said that I had to have two LOR's from Supply O-4 or higher.