• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Supply Boards and scores

greysword

Boldly lick where no one has licked before
The grades look good. How old are you? Supply has a reputation for not selecting older people (30's). I think they even reduced their age limit in the past couple years to reflect reality.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Is age a factor for you? 6 years enlisted and an MBA, I'm guessing you're pushing it pretty close wrt waivers.

NM, just saw your profile, 27 so you're within the waiver range for age considering the active duty.

Kycntryboy

pilot
Stats look real good, 3.8 Masters and I'm sure the EP(s) in your past will help a lot. good luck
Clay

BackOrdered

Contributor
I am very sure 27 is way under age cuts for supply. On stats alone what do you guys think?

You look pretty impressive. The MBA WILL help you out down the road. If you can just get that OAR score up a few points I'd be vexed as to why you aren't selected.

AirborneJ

The OAR is about as good as it gets, the time limits kill me. However all variables being equal I think I've gotta shot! I wish I new if the OAR was what percent of the whole person concept. Any thoughts?

greysword

Boldly lick where no one has licked before
Barnard1425 said:
I personally don't see how Supply could have earned a reputation as not selecting younger candidates.

Sir, although this is the Seaman to Admiral program, I found this info:

Age: STA-21 Supply Corps Option selectees must be at lease 18 years old and be able to complete degree requirements and be commissioned prior to age 27. Waivers beyond age 27 will not be considered.

Educational Requirements: STA-21 Supply Corps Option applicants must earn a baccalaureate degree in a business, engineering or math-related field. Waivers will be considered at time of application.

Medical Standards: STA-21 Supply Corps Option applicants must pass medical standards in accordance with the Manual of the Medical Department, Chapter 15.

Service Obligation: STA-21 Supply Corps Option selectees will incur a five-year active duty obligation upon commissioning.

https://www.sta-21.navy.mil/options.html#supply

I applied for supply in 2002, and these were the age limits then:

Cryptology (1615), Merchant Marine Reserve (1625, 1665, 1675, 1695), Intelligence (1635), Public Affairs (1655), Oceanography (1805), Supply Corps (3105), Civil Engineer Corps (5105):

Initial entry grade ENS
At least 19 but under 35.

http://buperscd.technology.navy.mil/bup_updt/508/milpers/1131-010.htm

My recruiter told me to not get my hopes up, though, because Supply usually did not selected someone in their 30's.

For all the official info, OPNAV Instruction 1420 has the age requirements and such:

http://neds.daps.dla.mil/Directives...motion and Advancement Programs/1420.1A-1.pdf

http://neds.daps.dla.mil/default.aspx

AirborneJ

That may be for the sta-21 program, but I don't think thats acurate for the ocs-supply avenue. Sta is in essence charged by giving junior sailors something to gun for. The Navy does not want senior enlisted clogging the program. The Navy does not want a 35 year old chief in mid-career to transition through the sta option, instead the age limit for LDO is much higher than Sta.

snizo

Supply Officer
My supply class was about 65 people - about 1/2 were solid prior-E's, 4 were straight from the USNA, 2 directly from ROTC, and the rest were OCS kids - all of whom had a civilian job for a few years before coming. Save the USNA/ROTC kids - the youngest ENS in the class was probably about 25-27.

When the youngins think of joining the military and doing something really cool - they don't think of supply. People either come to the SC because they have civilian business experience ... or they have USN experience and know how good a deal the SC is. ;)