• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Supply Board 01 March 2021

NavyFanatic32

Hi all,

Anyone who has gotten a PRO-REC Y would like to share the packaage details? OAR score, GPA, Major? etc.... Looking to submit a packet for the next Supply board coming up. Haven’t taken the OAR, will in two weeks. However I have a Business Admin Bachelors 3.4 GPA a Masters in Education 4.0 GPA and currently 3 classes away from finishing my MBA at a top state school in Florida . Currently have a 3.59. Outside of that I have extensive leadership experience along with athletic leadership experience as I played sports in High School and College on the Division II level. I know its hard to say if I am competitive without taking the OAR, but if you can that would be great?

PontusPilot

Contributor
Hi all,

Anyone who has gotten a PRO-REC Y would like to share the packaage details? OAR score, GPA, Major? etc.... Looking to submit a packet for the next Supply board coming up. Haven’t taken the OAR, will in two weeks. However I have a Business Admin Bachelors 3.4 GPA a Masters in Education 4.0 GPA and currently 3 classes away from finishing my MBA at a top state school in Florida . Currently have a 3.59. Outside of that I have extensive leadership experience along with athletic leadership experience as I played sports in High School and College on the Division II level. I know its hard to say if I am competitive without taking the OAR, but if you can that would be great?
If you get a 60 or above count yourself picked up. Barring any underage drinking or anything that pops up at MEPS. Your GPA will be cumulative, They will add them all together.

I got picked up with a OAR 49, GPA 3.2, degree in business economics. You're a shoe-in academically, if everything else comes back clear.

villo0692

If you get a 60 or above count yourself picked up. Barring any underage drinking or anything that pops up at MEPS. Your GPA will be cumulative, They will add them all together.

I got picked up with a OAR 49, GPA 3.2, degree in business economics. You're a shoe-in academically, if everything else comes back clear.

villo0692

You apply for SUPPO too? I thought you were only going SNA?
hahah no, I applied for SNA/SNFO and SWO (I was in the At Board list for Monday's board) as first, second and third choice respectively.....I wanted to do EOD but I've heard they take -3 people per year...................I'm trying to stay in the Unresctricted Line spectrum

exNavyOffRec

The OAR really isn't a big deal, it is GPA and for Supply the look at your statement and letters, OAR often follows GPA so a person often has a good OAR if they have a good GPA, I have seen many candidates who were out of school for a few years get lower OAR's but had great GPA's picked up, and the reverse the random ones with low GPA but high OAR not get picked up.

NavyFanatic32

The OAR really isn't a big deal, it is GPA and for Supply the look at your statement and letters, OAR often follows GPA so a person often has a good OAR if they have a good GPA, I have seen many candidates who were out of school for a few years get lower OAR's but had great GPA's picked up, and the reverse the random ones with low GPA but high OAR not get picked up.

Thank you so much. Any one have a statement to share (specifically for supply) or any tips for the statement? I am currently struggling. Will be taking the OAR on the 25th and hoping to make the deadline of May 7th for the June board.

Overall academically I feel like I will be competitive. Just worried about the OAR, if I dont do well I will just wait and take again to apply to the next board.

exNavyOffRec

Thank you so much. Any one have a statement to share (specifically for supply) or any tips for the statement? I am currently struggling. Will be taking the OAR on the 25th and hoping to make the deadline of May 7th for the June board.

Overall academically I feel like I will be competitive. Just worried about the OAR, if I dont do well I will just wait and take again to apply to the next board.
Here is a tip, don't duplicate what the board members can already see, they can see your degree, GPA, and some other items in the your application, unless that is it applies to a story you are telling, such as while getting my ME degree I was involved in the robotics team as the team leader of 5 other engineers and we ...........

NavyFanatic32

Can anyone explain the process for submitting an application to board? I spoke with my recruiter and he seems optimistic about how quickly I can put my application together. Yet I have my doubts. I have a unique situation as my process has been moving very quickly.

Spoke to a recruiter April 5th for first time. Was at Meps on April 12th and plan on submitting application for the May 7th Supply board deadline for Board that meets on June 1st. I haven’t taken my OAR and plan on taking it April 28th. LOR and transcripts are in process and should be good to go this week. Motivational statement is pretty much done. Went to MEPS last week and did not hear about anything yet that would DQ me.

Recruiter says I should have my application submitted right after I take the OAR (29th at the latest). If I don’t do well I won’t submit my application and just wait to retake and submit to next board.

So my questions are,

1.) What happens once the application is submitted? Does it just go straight to board or does it have to go to others?

2.) is there a cutoff on how many applications a board will take?

3.) Is my date of taking the OAR/ submitting application? cutting it too close to the May 7th deadline.

4.) Also when will my secret clearance be processed? Does that happen before the board or after?