• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

PhillipC

I'm almost positive the NEX Uniform shop carries awards for all branches. You'll need to figure out which ones are authorized for wear in Navy uniforms. Your parachutist badge should get stitched on when your nametape does, just make sure that the NEX knows that you need it.
Thank you.

NicNakPaddywhak

pilot
If that's true, I can kind of get behind it. The folks up at OTCN have spent so much time messing with the shitshow that is the first 3 weeks and have totally neglected the last 3 weeks. If you don't have a "real" billet you don't do much, and if you do, you hardly sleep. It's terrible division of labor. I hope this isn't why they are doing it, and that they try to fix candio phase rather than throw the baby out with the bathwater.
I had a labor intensive billet... I hated Candio phase for that reason. I didnt really benefit, just lost sleep and got chewed out. Even guys that didn't have busy bullets were trying to stay in their hatches and avoid unnecessarily getting in trouble. It was basically downhill after capstone (except the m9 course, high ropes and liberty).

Not really. You'll have an opportunity to purchase anything you'll need at nex.

That can depend entirely on your class team. I saw classes that didn't get NEX trips until a month in, and they were hurting. We had them after admin week, but that's not a guarantee.

Few things that aren't super clear, that I saw make people's life uncomfortable...

Extra underwear. They aren't going to count, and the first couple weeks is rough on trying to do laundry.

Extra socks, especially good comfortable moisture wicking boot socks. So many people ended up with horrifying broken open bloody feet from the issued stuff. Very dumb reason to roll.

Stamps. Always in demand and hard to get on base.

Mouthwash can serve dual function for cleaning your canteens.

Its hard because there is a lot of potentially useful things, but they've been cracking down hard on things like personal cleaning supplies and such. Definately hard to overdo the undergarmets though.

Some classes and people got good use out of a laptop during candio phase, but they seemed to be moving towards banning them when I left. A book for candio phase is probably safer, but it can really depend on your billet.

For others coming along.l obviously, not the OP.

What is the current gauge on electric razors at OCS? Looking through this thread it seems they have been allowed/banned at various different times.

Also, the coffee question definitely was not stupid, just quit it to do the withdrawal now rather than at OCS. Thank you for asking about it.

gsalg

For those of you that went through it. What is the hardest thing about OCS? And what is the easiest thing about OCS?

JukeboxEmperor

Wants into space
None
Hardest: Definitely the impromptu karate fight with your class DI in your Candi-O phase. I was not very up on my martial arts before showing up, and the 60 minutes of class definitely wasn't much to prepare me for that kind of graded evoloution.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
For those of you that went through it. What is the hardest thing about OCS? And what is the easiest thing about OCS?
Easiest: Believing them when they say there are no stupid questions.
Hardest: Finding out that there actually are stupid questions - by asking one.