• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Beefalo

Yes you get clothing allowance for SDB,etc. if you are e6 and below. E7 and above do not since they already received it. Cant remember if it is partial or the same as non-priors. I reused my NWU and other common uniform items.

I heard a rumor indocs no longer wear poopie suits during indoc week?

Yes you get clothing allowance for SDB,etc. if you are e6 and below. E7 and above do not since they already received it. I reused my NWU and other common uniform items.

I heard a rumor indocs no longer wear poopie suits during indoc week?

Thank you for clarifying. Yes, I spoke with a recent OCS grade and they no longer wear poopie suits...

skittle986

Ensign, Civil engineer corps, U.S Navy.
Sweet jesus thats a lot for uniforms. :) This is random but about the boots that were mentioned earlier in the thread, I am scared that they may not have my size. I am 5'0" and wear a size 3 in kids which is equivalent to a 5 in women. Do they even make those boots in those sizes?

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Sweet jesus thats a lot for uniforms. :) This is random but about the boots that were mentioned earlier in the thread, I am scared that they may not have my size. I am 5'0" and wear a size 3 in kids which is equivalent to a 5 in women. Do they even make those boots in those sizes?
Might need to special order them when you get there. Don't know how small they run, but I've known a few who couldn't get boots big enough, so they had to order some. Lucky bastards got to wear go-fasters while they waited.
so what do they wear?
PT Gear for the first week, then into NWU's for Officer Candidate phase.

BleedGreen

pilot
Worse case scenario, if they don't have your size they can take you to a shoe store in town that will custom fit your boots. We had that happen to a candidate who was a couple classes behind me, and in his case he just had to wear his running shoes a little longer than the rest of his class.

skittle986

I used a ziplock bag. It worked for about one day:icon_tong

I didn't even know you had to have a toiletry bag. why doesn't it mention that on the lat of what to bring to OCS, and do females bring white tshirts as well or is that just for the men?

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
I didn't even know you had to have a toiletry bag. why doesn't it mention that on the lat of what to bring to OCS, and do females bring white tshirts as well or is that just for the men?
Because skim was talking about OCS in the Old Nimitz, which had communal bathrooms. New Nimitz has private bathrooms, so no more hygiene rolls/toiletry bags. Technically, neither females nor males need to bring white t-shirts, since they'll be issued, but if you want something a bit higher quality, maybe bring a pack, just don't go nuts because you don't really need that many. It's part of the khaki uniforms (male and female) for candi-o phase, and they should issue you plenty.

skittle986

Because skim was talking about OCS in the Old Nimitz, which had communal bathrooms. New Nimitz has private bathrooms, so no more hygiene rolls/toiletry bags. Technically, neither females nor males need to bring white t-shirts, since they'll be issued, but if you want something a bit higher quality, maybe bring a pack, just don't go nuts because you don't really need that many. It's part of the khaki uniforms (male and female) for candi-o phase, and they should issue you plenty.

Ok, I see. Thank you! That clarifies a lot

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Thanks, at MEPS I did the depth perception test and passed, but I was told it's not necessary for SWO, is it necessary for me to pass it a second time at OCS if it's not required for SWO?

I don't think so. It is very very rare for someone to be NPQed from SWO at OCS, it is more of an aviation concern. I wouldn't worry about it.