• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Kalico

I'm about to graduate college and according to my OR the officer programs are shut down for now to non-technical degrees. Would going ahead and enlisting after I graduate and applying while i'm enlisted be a good idea, or should I wait until boards open again? thanks

I called my local officer recruiter earlier this week and I was told the same thing. I knew there were specific job fields closed to non-technical degrees. I just didn't realize, they had closed the entire program from the sounds of it to those academic backgrounds.

SC-NY-88

FNG
None
Okay, stupid question time... How many people are allowed to go to your commissioning ceremony/graduation? Are there tickets or a limit or is it just a 'reasonable' amount?

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Okay, stupid question time... How many people are allowed to go to your commissioning ceremony/graduation? Are there tickets or a limit or is it just a 'reasonable' amount?

I just graduated a week ago. We were told to invite as many people as we wanted, that there would be more than enough space for everyone. There was someone in our class who had around 15 people come and it wasn't a problem. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask!

MasterBates

Just don't be one of those guys who, if there is a function that we pay by the head for, that bitches about paying more because you have 800 cousins coming, and I have my mom and dad and that's it.

(had one dude at my winging that brought literally 30 people, and then did not want to kick in any extra money)

SC-NY-88

FNG
None
Thanks eas7888. And Congrats!

MB:
Sir, I don't intend to be 'that guy' no worries :). Bringing my own fan club wasn't my intention, just didn't want to leave any family members behind. Thanks.

beaverslayer

pilot
Just be ready to pay per head if you plan on bringing a bunch of people for Hi-Moms. I think our class paid $25 per guest, so that adds up pretty quickly if you bring a ton of family. If they're just coming for grad, then you'll be fine with however many show up.

poobear24

OCS Holidays?

As I'm leaving Oct. 23, I noticed that I will be at OCS over the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. Do we get holidays off or any sort of break from training? :D

jtmedli

pilot
As I'm leaving Oct. 23, I noticed that I will be at OCS over the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. Do we get holidays off or any sort of break from training? :D

I checked in on Oct 24th. No holiday time for Thanksgiving but they made us a pretty nice dinner that day. Christmas holiday was 2+ weeks off but they took it out of our leave so we graduated with mucho negative leave. Most of us would've rather just stayed and finished at that point.

AGonxAV8R

HAMPS
pilot
I checked in on Oct 24th. No holiday time for Thanksgiving but they made us a pretty nice dinner that day. Christmas holiday was 2+ weeks off but they took it out of our leave so we graduated with mucho negative leave. Most of us would've rather just stayed and finished at that point.

^What he said. At least when we came back from leave we were Candios, so it made it slightly easier, but not quite because as a Candio I got far less sleep.... Haha! And I believe if you do not want the leave taken away, you can always stay in Newport and work cleaning snow etc.. I chose to have the time off..

mynameis

OMFG!! It took me 4 days to finish reading this thread.

I got a stupid question. Where do we put our dirty laundry?

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
OMFG!! It took me 4 days to finish reading this thread.

I got a stupid question. Where do we put our dirty laundry?

Next time do a search... It may save you 4 days! ;)...

Don't worry about it when you get there they will tell you what to do with you dirty laundry...