• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

pensfan341

I go to OCS on Oct 9.

Would you guys recommend getting up early so the change in schedule isn't such a shock
OR
Savor these last few weeks of sleep.

I'll take any other pointers too...........

R

russellf54

stupid question... I go back to the orthodontist right before I leave for OCS (October 9) and I was wondering if I should get a permanent retainer or am I allowed to bring my regular retainer? I sleep with it in every night so I didn't know if I could bring it or not.

Thanks for any input.

Russell

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
stupid question... I go back to the orthodontist right before I leave for OCS (October 9) and I was wondering if I should get a permanent retainer or am I allowed to bring my regular retainer? I sleep with it in every night so I didn't know if I could bring it or not.

Thanks for any input.

Russell

I asked my ortho the same question regarding my treatment. She suggested getting a perm. retainer (though I'll be finished treatment in Dec).

R

russellf54

I asked my ortho the same question regarding my treatment. She suggested getting a perm. retainer (though I'll be finished treatment in Dec).

I had my braces off for like 6 years. I am just debating if I should go and get a perm. put on. My Ortho said she wasn't sure if I could have it and to just keep the regular one. I'd rather just get the permanent. I just wanna make sure it's ok to have

A

AlexSmart

I vote "savor the last few days". By week 3 -4 everyone, without exception, is experiencing clinical sleep deprivation.

R

russellf54

ok so I have seen that I should bring Brasso, goo gone, and painters tape. What are these used for AT OCS? Any other weird crap I should bring? Thanks

jtmedli

pilot
ok so I have seen that I should bring Brasso, goo gone, and painters tape. What are these used for AT OCS? Any other weird crap I should bring? Thanks

Dont bring brasso. You don't need it. Painters tape is for marking/stamping stuff. Goo Gone is for getting price tags and crap off of inspection itesm. My earlier post pretty much covers what you need.

BrandonCl

Painter's tape is sold is specific dimensions i.e. 1/2 inch or 1 inch. This makes it easy to measure for the RLP. I have not been to OCS yet, but this is what I have read and it makes sense to me.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
Guys seriously, don't gnats ass or sweat about what to bring and stuff. You will have MULTIPLE opportunities to grab what you need. There is no need to bring all of Lowe's or Home Depot with you to check in there. I brought in nothing and I'm sure many others did too, and we all made it through just fine. There is SO MUCH pass down from classes in front of you (unless this has changed).

A

AlexSmart

Correct. There are currently supply hatches on both decks that are packed to the gills with all of the random s*** ever needed to survive Nimitz.

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
When we leave for Holiday Break (7-12 27NOV2011 - 02MAR2012), do we wear our civilian clothes or NWU/Khakis? (Yes, I am running out of things over analyze).

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
When I was there, check out in uniform, change into civvies, travel in civvies.