• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Lola

ok...stupid question:

How often is OCS hosted? Do classes only start certain months?

For example...if I'm going before the boards in Sept. when would be the soonest I'd get to OCS?

Thanks!

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
About every other week. You could go to OCS any time after your listed available date.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
ok...stupid question:

For example...if I'm going before the boards in Sept. when would be the soonest I'd get to OCS?

Thanks!
It varies depending on the needs of the Navy. Classes run either every other week or every week these days.

Lola

GREAT!

Thanks you two for such a quick response. Good to hear...pending I get picked up in Sept. I hope to be off to OCS ASAP. Fingers crossed xx

:D

But not really looking forward to cutting my hair off....

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
Not much happens ASAP in the government, but it depends on what ASAP means to you though. Will you be waiting years? No, but figure on a few months after final select, which is a few months after pro-rec and so on.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
GREAT!

Thanks you two for such a quick response. Good to hear...pending I get picked up in Sept. I hope to be off to OCS ASAP. Fingers crossed xx

:D

But not really looking forward to cutting my hair off....

Ya, you'll look forward to it, until you get there. Then you'll look forward to getting the hell out of there.

Cut your hair off? Oh, lord.... not THIS again. :sleep_125

Rearden

So what's broken on this jet today, Chief?
None
The number of people who get to OCS, knowing full well that their hair will be cut, and still insist on complaining still boggles my mind. Especially guys, for christ's sake, you know it's going to happen, you probably didn't have particularly long hair to begin with, get over it, you can grow it back out once you get done. Now, girls, I can understand as it takes them a lot longer to grow hair back, but still, it's not as if its a surprise.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I just think it's weird if you show up with a shaved head they do it anyways and still charge you.

So you might as well get as joe-dirt as you possibly can...get your money's worth son!

hippy.jpg

Lola

Ya, you'll look forward to it, until you get there. Then you'll look forward to getting the hell out of there.

Cut your hair off? Oh, lord.... not THIS again. :sleep_125

HAHA....yea the consensus remains hurry up and wait for ASAP....and yes, the hair thing...

I read on another thread something like..."and then some girl was complaining about getting her hair cut off"...
(and no that wasn't me)

Just not looking forward to looking like a boy...with a shitty haircut. :p

Tom

pilot
Contributor
HAHA....yea the consensus remains hurry up and wait for ASAP....and yes, the hair thing...

I read on another thread something like..."and then some girl was complaining about getting her hair cut off"...
(and no that wasn't me)

Just not looking forward to looking like a boy...with a shitty haircut. :p
One time when I was a candio I overheard two DI's talking about the way females were getting their haircut was wrong. They didn't like the fact that they were getting shaved down to a 2 on the sides

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
ok...stupid question:

Thanks!
generally every other week but this summer they tried a week to week system

however, what we've found out down here in pensacola is that the navy has too many new officers and is looking to get rid of us OCS people upon attrition from the pipeline so i'd expect OCS to cut back to smaller classes or less frequency of classes.

Nikki2184

For all those boys tired of hearing about girls getting their hair cut...you need to back off!! You have no idea how long it takes to grow that shit back out!! It's going to take at least 5 years for my hair to be the length it was before OCS and at least a year an a half until I look like a normal girl. I didn't think twice about it stopping me from getting a commission...but have a little heart! It is still a sacrifice!