• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

porw0004

standard-issue stud v2.0
pilot
So how, exactly, does one tie one's shoes "inboard over outboard?"

I've been assuming it means that when the laces cross each time after going through their respective eyeholes, the lace that comes from the outboard eyehold has pass over the one that comes from the inboard eyehole. But I could be wrong, we'll find out in October if they're still doing that. :icon_tong

nugget61

pilot
I found in an old thread that when doing pushups you had to have 'knife hands' with fingers and thumbs all pointing in front of you - is this still the case?

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Unless it's changed, it was always outboard over inboard.....no bridges (the lace on top of the bottom 2 holes).

The end coming out of the outboard hole (right edge on your right shoe) should cross on top of the end coming out of the inboard hole (left edge on your right shoe).

If it's changed, just reverse it.

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
Why is it that at Navy basic training (Great Lakes) the enlistees get to do firearm and "confidence chamber" training, but that stuff isn't done at OCS?

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
Why is it that at Navy basic training (Great Lakes) the enlistees get to do firearm and "confidence chamber" training, but that stuff isn't done at OCS?
Enlisted guys are the trigger pullers for the most part. As far as I know, outside VBSS and SEAL/EOD teams, officers don't really need extensive firearm training.
Honestly, I think there should be some firearm instruction at OCS. I've never shot a gun in my life and I know I could of used some trigger time.

MasterBates

Hate to break it to ya, but the majority of Enlisted are not trigger pullers, and a greater percentage of Officers will end up carrying guns at some point (read as: all pilots, NFOs, and a fair chunk of SWOs)

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Weren't the quals moved to follow-on schools? I heard SWOs/Submariners need to qualify for pistols so that they can stand on-shore OOD.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I've read that alarm clocks are authorized. I'm going to assume that's true, but only after Indoc week. My time at VT showed me that the breakdown phase of military training is best done when none of the candidates (in my case, cadets) have a freaking clue what time it is.

Correct assumption?