• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

BDavis11

Contributor
are the SDB's too thick for the magnetic backing ribbons? I know on the enlisted side the wool jumper doesn't work too well with them.

Mouselovr

Contributor
What do SNAs do instead of OHARP whilst they wait for a flight school place? Anyone know how long the current wait is?
Its an ever-revolving door of new ideas to keep the ENS looking busy.
Recently, they've had stash jobs, SNAJOC, NKOs, TDY to squadrons, watches etc....
Last I heard its graduate school courses....? someone closer to A pool can hopefully chime in on this.

It will probably be a different concoction by the time you check in.....

*....but there will always be beaches and beer*

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
I'll probably just try to grind a couple flight hours on my own so my first time flying isn't at NIFE

I would recommend that. A simulator is way different than the actual thing. I had played sims growing up thinking my first time flying would be natural…

Not the case. Wind is the biggest difference and situational awareness. I fly in a relatively busy area so the situational awareness part of flying is what surprised me the most.

But also environmental factors, and talking on the radio is a huge learning curve

villo0692

there’s a high risk activity paperwork you gotta fill out if you will be flying on your own. But yes I’d recommended flying on a real Cessna over a T6 sim for that phase. People who had as little as 10-12 hrs were way ahead of the curve for the flight phase in NIFE . There are home simulators with a T6 add on, but tbh, after actually flying one, I’d say unless is a simulator set up like the ones you do in actual Primary, is not that useful. My 0.02

BattlingTrain

SNA Pro-Rec Y
You may want to consider contacting your local flight school to get a discovery flight. Even just a 1-1.5 hour flight is super beneficial
I go to an Aeronautical University so there are plenty of opportunities, I just kinda wait til last minute. I don't want to spend the money on flight hours now before OCS just to wait to start NIFE