• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Mouselovr

Contributor
They should just let the new SNA's start using sims if they want to. Idk if they do already but I personally would be there all the time trying to get ahead of the curve for primary.
Even once you are checked into primary, you aren't allowed to use the sims until you class up.
This is because there's a limited number. Even when you're a primary student, its fighting for scraps to get sim time.

If they bought more, until you know what you're doing, "playing around on the sim" is worth less of your time than you may think. Creates a lot of bad habits bc the Navy wants you to fly their way.

villo0692

Even once you are checked into primary, you aren't allowed to use the sims until you class up.
This is because there's a limited number. Even when you're a primary student, its fighting for scraps to get sim time.

If they bought more, until you know what you're doing, "playing around on the sim" is worth less of your time than you may think. Creates a lot of bad habits bc the Navy wants you to fly their way.
Yes, you’ll have to fight me for a sim, and good luck, cuz I have no life outside of flight school

GSB

For appendix bravo knowledge about the ranks of the navy and marine core, do you just recite the ranks or do you have to say what is on their collar device, shoulder board, and sleeve insignia...?

causekim

Hello everyone,
I've been in the navy for one and a half year, and got only one evaluation due to the service length. Having less than 3 evals is considered as 'waiver' and I don't know if it is going to make me less competitive compared to other applicants? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
I have 3.8 GPA in aeronautics with 56 OAR, and looking into Intel.
Thank you.

exNavyOffRec

Hello everyone,
I've been in the navy for one and a half year, and got only one evaluation due to the service length. Having less than 3 evals is considered as 'waiver' and I don't know if it is going to make me less competitive compared to other applicants? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
I have 3.8 GPA in aeronautics with 56 OAR, and looking into Intel.
Thank you.
Not less competitive but those with waivers are accepted in limited numbers, why didn't you apply to be an officer in the first place?

Not sure if this is old news, but new program authorizations dropped for a lot of unrestricted line designators including Pilot, NFO, and SWO. They seem to be better than before and there is a new IMMEDIATE SELECT path.
The wait times are getting way shorter for NIFE class up time so I'm assuming that has something to do with it.
Good luck and congrats to all the immediate select eligible, see you all down here in Pensacola!

villo0692

Not sure if this is old news, but new program authorizations dropped for a lot of unrestricted line designators including Pilot, NFO, and SWO. They seem to be better than before and there is a new IMMEDIATE SELECT path.
The wait times are getting way shorter for NIFE class up time so I'm assuming that has something to do with it.
Good luck and congrats to all the immediate select eligible, see you all down here in Pensacola!

I mean but who’s to make that decision for an immediate select. If I’m understanding it right, then the person would just completely bypass the board and ship to Newport. Would it be some head in the specific recruiting districts or something?

I mean but who’s to make that decision for an immediate select. If I’m understanding it right, then the person would just completely bypass the board and ship to Newport. Would it be some head in the specific recruiting districts or something?
I believe the community manager makes that decision.

exNavyOffRec

I believe the community manager makes that decision.
That is how I read it, with NRC making sure the requirements are met. It looks like they bumped up the score requirements, I wonder if that was based on feedback on the earlier applicants that went through the program.

Imatron

So I’m enlisted and got my package submitted for the current board with an ispp rec attached. I’ve heard there is some sort of list that gets published of people slated to be reviewed or something? Is there a link for that? I’m in the dark here as I don’t have a recruiter to ask and my navy hr doesn’t say much.