• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I figured... do you know if that is something to be considered disqualifying though? for SNA application?

Check out MANMED CH-15 (should be first google search). Initial search is showing as long as it's not a CURRENT diagnosis it should be waiverable. But I might be missing something.

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
I had another question regarding prior medical history... I'm a 23 year old male, perfect health and no troubles with anything. However, I did have leukemia from ages 3-5 but have been cancer free ever since. I underwent chemo for about a year maybe a little bit more. Its always been my dream to be a naval aviator since I was a kid (father flew jets for 25 years so I grew up around all that). However, I was never really able to find anything on this... should i just keep quiet above my past leukemia? does something like that even matter? I know the navy are hardasses on some of the smallest things so any clarification/information would be great.
In addition to what you've been told, I have a comment about you mentioning your father flying jets for 25 years... it comes across to me as you were possibly a military dependent from ages 3-5? Your record would be accessible easily by the military anyway so even entertaining the idea of hiding it is impossible.

BB Poison

Contributor
I had another question regarding prior medical history... I'm a 23 year old male, perfect health and no troubles with anything. However, I did have leukemia from ages 3-5 but have been cancer free ever since. I underwent chemo for about a year maybe a little bit more. Its always been my dream to be a naval aviator since I was a kid (father flew jets for 25 years so I grew up around all that). However, I was never really able to find anything on this... should i just keep quiet above my past leukemia? does something like that even matter? I know the navy are hardasses on some of the smallest things so any clarification/information would be great.
TIL having leukemia is a small thing

devlopz

Would it be bad to put an award I was nominated for but did not receive on my application? I’m an E5 and was nominated for Sailor Of The Quarter, but did not get selected. The write up is really good so I want to scan a copy in there but I’m not sure if it’ll just look bad since I didn’t get selected.

villo0692

Would it be bad to put an award I was nominated for but did not receive on my application? I’m an E5 and was nominated for Sailor Of The Quarter, but did not get selected. The write up is really good so I want to scan a copy in there but I’m not sure if it’ll just look bad since I didn’t get selected.
I wouldn't, if it was sailor of the year, then maybe

Assuming you're going for SNA/SNFO then I wouldn't. Incorporate parts of your writeup into your statement or the extra curriculars.

devlopz

Probably wrong forum, but are anthro measurements waiverable? Got mine done today for my flight physical and I’m pretty much too small for pilot on any platform. It seems I can still apply for NFO/AMDO though if they aren’t waiverable.

Attachments

• D09DD621-E37C-4E6D-ADE6-FD06B2F86A61.jpeg
    D09DD621-E37C-4E6D-ADE6-FD06B2F86A61.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:

villo0692

Probably wrong forum, but are anthro measurements waiverable? Got mine done today for my flight physical and I’m pretty much too small for pilot on any platform. If Seems I can still apply for NFO/AMDO though if they aren’t waiverable.
based on my experience with NAMI, and some of my friends who went through it with me, they're not. However!!!! you can ask to get re measured later on. I know a couple guys who got DQ'd for pilot and redesignated to NFO, who after getting to Pensacola, and doing anthros again, turned up to be good to go for pilot, so they went back to that pipeline

devlopz

based on my experience with NAMI, and some of my friends who went through it with me, they're not. However!!!! you can ask to get re measured later on. I know a couple guys who got DQ'd for pilot and redesignated to NFO, who after getting to Pensacola, and doing anthros again, turned up to be good to go for pilot, so they went back to that pipeline
Interesting, thank you. I doubt even being remeasured I’d pass, I’m so small lol. 5’2 135 lbs short arms/legs/torso. But I swear I’ve met pilots similar size as me!! NFO would be fine too but always wanted to be a pilot.

BB Poison

Contributor
Probably wrong forum, but are anthro measurements waiverable? Got mine done today for my flight physical and I’m pretty much too small for pilot on any platform. It seems I can still apply for NFO/AMDO though if they aren’t waiverable.
Was this at MEPS? Haven't seen someone get anthro measurements done before the flight physical with NAMI.

Mouselovr

Contributor
Interesting, thank you. I doubt even being remeasured I’d pass, I’m so small lol. 5’2 135 lbs short arms/legs/torso. But I swear I’ve met pilots similar size as me!! NFO would be fine too but always wanted to be a pilot.
You should still be qualified for AMDO despite anthros. Happened to a guy in my class. DQed from SNA due to being too short and was offered to redes to AMDO.

But no, if you dont think a remeasure will yield anything different, there are no waivers for anthros.