• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

devlopz

You should still be qualified for AMDO despite anthros. Happened to a guy in my class. DQed from SNA due to being too short and was offered to redes to AMDO.

But no, if you dont think a remeasure will yield anything different, there are no waivers for anthros.
Yes, looks like AMDO and NFO it is.

devlopz

Looks like I am for some platforms based on my anthro print out but I wouldn’t be surprised at this point lol

villo0692

the thing with anthros, is that, for pilot, as far as I know you have to be cleared for at least 2 out of 3 pipelines in order to be allowed to train as a pilot, those pipelines being jets, rotary and multi-engine. When I was in OCS one of my friends was in this perpetual state of angst because he was apparently dq'd from jets, yet he was still good to go as an SNA. With NFOs there's only two pipelines (there's not FOs in helos or ospreys), so I imagine so long you're cleared for at least one, you could be okay. If you were to get picked as an NFO, the possibility exist that you could get cleared for other airframes (not saying is gonna happen) after you get remeasured over in Pensacola (we all get remeasured), they have this new system to do that here that takes a picture, or something like that.... take it with a grain of salt, this is just what I've seen in the past year

devlopz

the thing with anthros, is that, for pilot, as far as I know you have to be cleared for at least 2 out of 3 pipelines in order to be allowed to train as a pilot, those pipelines being jets, rotary and multi-engine. When I was in OCS one of my friends was in this perpetual state of angst because he was apparently dq'd from jets, yet he was still good to go as an SNA. With NFOs there's only two pipelines (there's not FOs in helos or ospreys), so I imagine so long you're cleared for at least one, you could be okay. If you were to get picked as an NFO, the possibility exist that you could get cleared for other airframes (not saying is gonna happen) after you get remeasured over in Pensacola (we all get remeasured), they have this new system to do that here that takes a picture, or something like that.... take it with a grain of salt, this is just what I've seen in the past year
Thanks for your detailed reply!

JoeBob1788

You are likely not qualified for NFO either. Anthros are for both SNA and NFO
Not always true, depends on the situation. Had a guy in my class anthro DQ from pilot to NFO, due to training aircraft restrictions. He took student pool after grad, flew to NAMI in Pensacola for measurements and face-to-face and got a waiver back to SNA.

But you can anthro DQ from pilot and still be good for NFO anthros. Everything is situational. Always try! Educate yourself on the governing publications and talk to the people with the authority to say yes.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
If most of our extracurricular activities were employment, would we still be able to list it?

Think community service instead of an actual job in terms of listing things on the APSR.

Assuming you’re applying for aviation, I would suggest focusing more on doing well on the ASTB than trying to list items on the APSR.

GloBoys

California native here with an OCS date for winter (January) ?. How is the PT in the cold like? Are you pting inside or outside? Can you bring and wear undershirts to keep you warm? I've been blessed with good weather at home all my life and I'm not sure how I will really handle and adjust to the intense cold over at Newport :/

I've been running a lot, exercising and studying the App B to prepare for OCS the best way possible but the one thing that trips me are the posts from previous winter classes saying how lots of ppl developed bronchitis/pneumonia resulting in NPQs.

villo0692

California native here with an OCS date for winter (January) ?. How is the PT in the cold like? Are you pting inside or outside? Can you bring and wear undershirts to keep you warm? I've been blessed with good weather at home all my life and I'm not sure how I will really handle and adjust to the intense cold over at Newport :/

I've been running a lot, exercising and studying the App B to prepare for OCS the best way possible but the one thing that trips me are the posts from previous winter classes saying how lots of ppl developed bronchitis/pneumonia resulting in NPQs.
The rule is that if temperature with windchill is over 20 degrees, you PT outside. Also, you’d be instructed to wear all your winter gear with that kind of weather..so…with say..a 25 degree morning kinda thing, you’d wear about three layers worth of clothes, plus gloves and a beanie. You are allowed to wear more layers underneath so long ppl cannot see them. i’d recommend thermal underwear for the days you wear khakis. During PT people are allowed to dress down all the way down to shorts and t shirt if they want to. During my 15 weeks at OCS (xmas break included, no I didn’t roll) I saw nobody getting pneumonia or bronchitis, nor have I heard of anybody developing any of that. Couple people did catch the CoCo, and no, none of them got disqualified

Mouselovr

Contributor
The rule is that if temperature with windchill is over 20 degrees, you PT outside. Also, you’d be instructed to wear all your winter gear with that kind of weather..so…with say..a 25 degree morning kinda thing, you’d wear about three layers worth of clothes, plus gloves and a beanie. You are allowed to wear more layers underneath so long ppl cannot see them. i’d recommend thermal underwear for the days you wear khakis. During PT people are allowed to dress down all the way down to shorts and t shirt if they want to. During my 15 weeks at OCS (xmas break included, no I didn’t roll) I saw nobody getting pneumonia or bronchitis, nor have I heard of anybody developing any of that. Couple people did catch the CoCo, and no, none of them got disqualified
*Rabdo murmurs quietly*

kookylukey

posts from previous winter classes saying how lots of ppl developed bronchitis/pneumonia resulting in NPQs.

Literally never heard of this. Would also be the last thing I would be worried about. The coldest part of the day would just be standing on the track before PT starts, but once you're working out you're going to sweat a lot if you don't take all your layers off.