• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

utak

Most of the guys who attrited out of OCS went out with a bang. And not just a simple bang, but more like 100 megaton nuclear explosion bang.

If you're gonna go away, might as well do it in a way that will seal you in the ranks of legend, when many junior (or senior) officer will look back and say, "Wow, just wow."

For example . . . the RLP Santa Claus (and his many antics afterwards)

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
Well shit, that's exactly how my re-inspect with him went.

Gunny J was the shit. Heard he got selected to First Sergeant too.
I think it's a different J******. The one I was talking about was not in P'cola. If it is, that's f**king awesome he's a First Sergeant, but I think we're talking about two different guys.
I saw a few guys' minds go critical mass. One was a classic DI mind f*** (coincidentally Gunny J's handiwork), to be honest I still think the candidate just started saying things to get the NPQ rather then DOR and a trip to Great Lakes and the other was just plain scary, like this dude might show up with a weapon tomorrow.

OCS RULES!!!!!

magnetfreezer

From the story on graduation day:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]James Younts, only 19, is also standing. He's about to become one of the youngest officers in the fleet. Home-schooled in Columbus, Ohio, he graduated from college last spring, at an age when most people have just finished high school. He is now on his way to becoming a pilot.[/FONT]

...and 2 years of guaranteed squadron DD duty.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
From the story on graduation day:

...and 2 years of guaranteed squadron DD duty.

If he comes to corpus, at least I won't be the youngest stud in the wing anymore.

I commissioned at 21, but I wasn't homeschooled = I didn't put cats in microwaves and I don't hit girls and run away laughing when I like them...

BackOrdered

Contributor
RLP blowz hard. I never want to relive that experience.

It really sucks, and it's real subjective too. It's the DI's way of weeding out anyone they don't think can hack it as an officer in the Navy. So if you get over a hundred hits and get a negative score (which has happened to a poor candidate when I was there), you just suck.

That wasn't "you know who" was it? Or was it another Candidate?

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
We had a dude who almost broke -200.

Emphasis on had, but the dude made it through in another class.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
We had a dude who almost broke -200.

Emphasis on had, but the dude made it through in another class.

When I was a Candio, a guy I was grading got a -125. I stopped helping him as soon as it was obvious he failed. He started with a 60, and then proceeded to "question every single hit.".... DI started a regrade.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
-240 is the record so far in Newport. Seriously, at what point does the DI just get sick of counting hits

DIs don't count. That's what candios are for. DI's just yell, scream, PT the candidate and say "Minus zero one! [or more if you're special]" ;)