• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I was 20/25 and 20/40 in my right and left eyes respectively at OCS. Doc asked if I wanted glasses to wear. I said no. He said cool and to come back in API to get glasses for flying it ended there.

NO. You don't have to wear glasses. If you do and then stop, you may be hassled. If you never do from the start, no one will know.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Like Otto, I had 20/35 left and 20/50 right. Never wore glasses before. I said no, never got issued glasses. It was only when I had to go back to medical in week 9 because they apparently missed something for the nuke physical that they prescribed me BCGs, and I never wore them at that point. I also used the opportunity to get a contact prescription.

m26

Contributor
Has AOCS Moved?

Apparently future Pilots, NFOs, AMDOs, and Intel Officers will go through Pensacola instead of Newport. I'm surprised I haven't hear anything about this on AW if its current.

Edit: is this really old info on the website?

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 220

m26

Contributor
That's what I thought. I don't know why they still have that up there. I must have missed it the first time I looked.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
It used to be that way. They were combined in Newport a few years ago.

It used to be that way...a LONG fucking time ago. OCS used to be in Newport and AOCS was down in Pensacola. Somewhere along the line it was all consolidated into just OCS and the location was Pensacola. Then a few years ago they moved OCS to Newport.

What website is that? AOCS hasn't existed for awhile.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Apparently future Pilots, NFOs, AMDOs, and Intel Officers will go through Pensacola instead of Newport.

Holy crap! You're about 20 years late on that news!

Man landed on the moon?!? Awesome!
dumb-and-dumber-man-walks-on-moon.png

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Try THIS LINK for OCS. Also, contact the navy.mil webmaster and tell them about the outdated info. You'll find that they are pretty responsive.

-ea6bflyr ;)

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey! I'm old but not fucking old! :icon_tong (AOCS class 09-87)

But I am, class 12-79. I'll skip the list of training events, procedures, classes, tradition, and experiences that made AOCS a superior program to all that followed. When I think about them all gone to the ash heap of history it makes me "weep for naval aviation". Oh GOD! I have become THAT guy. ;)

Pugs

Back from the range
None
But I am, class 12-79. I'll skip the list of training events, procedures, classes, tradition, and experiences that made AOCS a superior program to all that followed. When I think about them all gone to the ash heap of history it makes me "weep for naval aviation". Oh GOD! I have become THAT guy. ;)

It was a damn good program with lots of history. Built Aviation esprit decor and since the Drill Instructors were Marines built a good appreciation of that side of the sea service. You did all you AI Academics, survival and military trainiing in sixteen weeks and out came an Ensign at the other end that was ready for flight school (or a couple months of pool anyway :D )

Why did it go away? No idea, but I'll bet a damn shoe was behind it ;)