• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

jdw006

Ok pretty stupid question, so this must be where to ask. Do the white briefs you bring have to be all white? My most comfortable/supportive ones are white, but have a black waistband and the folded-over seam deal under the butt cheeks are black too. I hope they would be ok, but it is probably wishful thinking and I would have to buy more.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
No one is going to make you strip down and check to make sure that the briefs you're wearing are 100% white.

You will be "issued" [read: forced to buy] a package of plain white briefs while you are at OCS. These will be the briefs you display for RLP. What you wear is up to you.

The only caveat is that whatever you wear, it must not show through your Summer White uniform (which is in-line with the Navy uniform regs). Stuff on the waistband is fine, since it won't show through the wasteband + belt, but if you have colors or designs elsewhere, it's probably no good.

Big Biff

Got Em
That from the movie (documentary) Ears. Open. Eyeballs. Click.

GREAT documentary with absolutely NO commentary. It just shows the cycle of Marine recruit training.

And as for Games? I seem to recall a Chief who liked to say:

"Oh.... you wanna play games, huh?!?! Well I'm Milton fucking BRADLEY! I can play games all day! Get on your face right now!!"

:D

This is a great documentary, Ironically it was my company (Charlie) from MCRD except a year later. Most of the seniors where third hats when I was there and vicious, my favorite is the one who looks just like Gary Busey. But it definitely shows alot of the fun games we played in bootcamp, except for stripping down and getting our "skivie drawers" online leaving us buck nekkid, then throwing the drawers into a pile in the center as the DI went through kicking them around. He then gave us 10 seconds to find A pair and put them on. I wear a 34 waist and ended up with a 26 waist for the rest of the day...fun times :eek:

kat27

Hey,
I have a question about tube socks...are they required? I rather not run in cotton socks. It sucks with the heat, sweat, and all that. If they are required, then no worries. But I don't want to buy some nice socks, then find out that I have to wear tube socks. I'm only picky about keeping my feet in good shape. Running xcountry in high school and being a college athlete, I know that you are f-ed if you don't take care of your feet. Thanks
kat

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Yes, tube socks are required. You'll fold them over during morning PT, but you'll need the extra room to carry around your gouge pack at other times.

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
GET INTO MY RAIN ROOM NOW

ahh yes... indoc week.

lucky me never had to share a urinal however it did happen especially when they started doing classes back to back to back to back for a few weeks and it got REALLY crowded in there.

kat27

Since we have covered some underwear questions, I'm gonna throw one out there. Does it matter if you wear boy shorts rather than briefs? I can't remember the last time I wore brief cut woman's underwear while working out. I am not all about the chafing during long runs. I usally wear boy shorts or longer biking shorts underneath. If they are white is that all good? Or should I just get some body glide?
kat

el douge

This one time at band camp...
you don't have to wear tube socks. you have to wear crew socks. that's what they issue you. they issue you like 10 pair, but i do suggest buying some extra because you'll get really busy and waiting in line to do laundry sucks. especially when some nights you can't do laundry till taps. Same goes for the skivvies. Get extra t-shirts too.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Since we have covered some underwear questions, I'm gonna throw one out there. Does it matter if you wear boy shorts rather than briefs? I can't remember the last time I wore brief cut woman's underwear while working out. I am not all about the chafing during long runs. I usally wear boy shorts or longer biking shorts underneath. If they are white is that all good? Or should I just get some body glide?
kat

During indoc, you'll need briefs. After that, as long as they aren't visible in the short-short PT shorts, you're fine.

searcher79

A stupid question contribution:

So, I have some seriously positive correction in my glasses for my farsighted vision. My BCGs at OCS are going to be massive (I know, I got a pair issued at boot camp). The lenses are going to be thick and heavy and will give me chronic headaches. Also, I kind of look like Christopher Lloyd's character in Who Framed Roger Rabbit?:icon_tong

My question for experienced is: for all the glasses wearers, can they wear their glasses at their leisure (assuming not at least in the beginning)? Can you remove them for PT, etc.? Can I get a custom pair of BCGs?

I watched some of the videos from the first Newport class journal/blog/report. A few of the candidates there had glasses on part of the time, sometimes they didn't. What's the deal?

Can I ask for further input on this one?

nugget61

pilot
Can I ask for further input on this one?

I had a mild correction and wanted to know the same thing (didnt want glasses at all) and I was told that wearing them is optional, but YMMV. They do have Tylenol/ibuprofen available if that helps any.