• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Y-sky

The question is more related to post-OCS, but I'm hoping someone has an answer:
Is the family relocated for Intel School in Dam Neck, VA? It's a five-month long course and I have a spouse and a toddler. So far I have received conflicting information on this and wanted to clarify

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Is the family relocated for Intel School in Dam Neck, VA? It's a five-month long course and I have a spouse and a toddler. So far I have received conflicting information on this and wanted to clarify

The bigger question: Even if you were entitled a PCS and move your family, would you really want to move them twice over a short period of time?

exNavyOffRec

Have you asked your recruiter to see what current info he or she can find out for you? I don't remember anyone I sent into Intel/IWC being able to move their spouse, now that may have been by choice but I didn't pry as no one complained.

Y-sky

Have you asked your recruiter to see what current info he or she can find out for you? I don't remember anyone I sent into Intel/IWC being able to move their spouse, now that may have been by choice but I didn't pry as no one complained.
Thank you for sharing your experience. If it was just my spouse I wouldn't sweat it, but a small child is a whole different matter. I will certainly ask him to investigate this further.

Weepandsweep

I have decided that I would like to try to apply to AF OTS instead of navy OCS. However, if I don’t get into OTS I will go back to navy. It’s purely because I love the c-130 platforms and a lot of the bigger aircraft in general more than the cultural differences. I have finished my Navy OCS package I just have to get another LOR or two. part of my package was receiving a waiver. Will I lose my waiver if I transfer my MEPS paperwork to the USAF? I understand I will have to get a new waiver with the Air force, but if air force rejects me and I transfer my MEPS back over to the Navy, will I have to resubmit my waiver request?

Does anyone here have a history of ADHD and passed NAMI and didn't get the NAMI Whammy? I'm curious about the experience, or if anyone knows someone who has gone through it. MEPS passed me without a waiver(medically qualified to apply for aviation), despite my history of ADHD( diagnosed 4.5 years ago, stopped medication 4 years ago). I found this surprising because I thought any history of ADHD would automatically disqualify me and necessitate a waiver. I'm hoping that NAMI will follow a similar path. Is it recommended to see a psychologist and get retested?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Does anyone here have a history of ADHD and passed NAMI and didn't get the NAMI Whammy? I'm curious about the experience, or if anyone knows someone who has gone through it. MEPS passed me without a waiver, despite my history of ADHD( diagnosed 4.5 years ago, stopped medication 4 years ago). I found this surprising because I thought any history of ADHD would automatically disqualify me and necessitate a waiver. I'm hoping that NAMI will follow a similar path. Is it recommended to see a psychologist and get retested?

What does the NAMI guide say about ADHD?

dalovedocta

I figured this belongs in the stupid question category. I acquired letters of recommendation in preparation for applying for intel, but my recruiter told me that they were not needed. Similarly, I was told there is no in person board interview. Is this accurate? Just wanted to double check in case either of us was missing something.

FormerRecruitingGuru

I figured this belongs in the stupid question category. I acquired letters of recommendation in preparation for applying for intel, but my recruiter told me that they were not needed. Similarly, I was told there is no in person board interview. Is this accurate? Just wanted to double check in case either of us was missing something.

Most OCS programs do not have an interview requirement for civilian applicants.

THeel258

Definitely put the letters of rec in your package. My recruiter told me something similar and I got denied, applied with pretty much same package + two letters of rec and got accepted. Intel as well. No interview for me except for clearance.

THeel258

Wondering if anyone can tell me what is being asked during RLP these days. Been studying Bravo but just wanted to know if there were any ones I should really focus on. Also do they even ask Watch Standing Principles?