• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stupid Questions about Naval Aviation (Part 3)

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And let me guess, the user interface to declutter has a better design than something akin to Windows 2. #thankslockheed

It’s not the best thing ever, but it does the job. You can preset all of the declutter settings in JMPS and then they come to the jet on your mission card. It’s usually set as part of the squadron’s standard load.

You also have the ability to toggle through a menu in the jet to tweak things if needed.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It’s not the best thing ever, but it does the job. You can preset all of the declutter settings in JMPS and then they come to the jet on your mission card. It’s usually set as part of the squadron’s standard load.

You also have the ability to toggle through a menu in the jet to tweak things if needed.
Shouldn't you be posting in German? :D

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I'll just say that FA-18, or for that matter, EA-18G MIDS pilot to vehicle interface is incredibly immature compared to most other USAF or USN TMS/MDS. For us, the magic just happens. Not so with USAF C2 birds, or for that matter, F-15E or F-16CM.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'll just say that FA-18, or for that matter, EA-18G MIDS pilot to vehicle interface is incredibly immature compared to most other USAF or USN TMS/MDS. For us, the magic just happens. Not so with USAF C2 birds, or for that matter, F-15E or F-16CM.
This post confuses me. Is it immature, or is it magic? What would you like Rhino MIDS to do that it doesn't do?

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Other platforms have significantly more control over who they are able to send/share certain information with. We are merely slaves to the specific network architecture of whatever JNL is being utilized.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Other platforms have significantly more control over who they are able to send/share certain information with. We are merely slaves to the specific network architecture of whatever JNL is being utilized.
I get that, but what, exactly, would you like it to do in your jet that it doesn't do?

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
I'd just be happy if some dip$hit at our unit would stop saving over our standard load and reverting to old maps that still have Lake City without a tower, NAS Jax tower frequency as 120.0, and no clearance deliver at Cecil. If I catch that F#$%er I'm going to embarrass them by making them wear red stripes instead of gold. Or institute the *Velvet Elvis in the Army.

*A large picture of Elvis painted on black velvet, prominently displayed in the office of the instructor at HSL-40 who had most recently done something stupid, or whose student had done something stupid.