• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stupid Questions about Naval Aviation (Part 3)

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
One other thing I forgot to mention... It definitely weighs more than the normal helmet, and concentrates the weight up over your forehead, which can start to hurt your neck during long or very dynamic fights. Some guys prefer not to wear it every flight for that reason.

MGoBrew11

pilot
One other thing I forgot to mention... It definitely weighs more than the normal helmet, and concentrates the weight up over your forehead, which can start to hurt your neck during long or very dynamic fights. Some guys prefer not to wear it every flight for that reason.

Definitely explains why guys/gals would wear the old one by choice!

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Since I doubt anyone on here has first hand experience, why don't you go research it and get back to us? Let's say a general historical overview and the technical and tactical advantages and deficiencies of the airframe vis a vis its contemporaries by Friday.
Better not have any slide jitter or font changes.

Jim123

pilot
I figured that went without saying. What are we, animals? Are we not men?
FIFY

tumblr_o8r6wmH6EO1rd5rz4o1_400.gif

Austin-Powers

Powers By Name, Powers By Reputation
Since I doubt anyone on here has first hand experience, why don't you go research it and get back to us? Let's say a general historical overview and the technical and tactical advantages and deficiencies of the airframe vis a vis its contemporaries by Friday.

Consider it done.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
It's a bit more than just HUD info. You also can see MIDS PPLIs and some other symbology.

How does that not become overwhelming in a relatively small view area? Does the user Track Sort Select ahead of time or is it doing it on its own? I understand* not every L16 parent is pushing out the same info, but as an example, the Jax mothership would push out TRACON PPLIs (when it worked) for SA.

*That's a lie. I don't understand L16. I think it's all a hokey religion.

Jim123

pilot
I understand* not every L16 parent is pushing out the same info, but as an example, the Jax mothership would push out TRACON PPLIs (when it worked) for SA.

I've flown from one side of Jacksonville to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there is one all-powerful link that can improve the shoes' situational awareness.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How does that not become overwhelming in a relatively small view area? Does the user Track Sort Select ahead of time or is it doing it on its own? I understand* not every L16 parent is pushing out the same info, but as an example, the Jax mothership would push out TRACON PPLIs (when it worked) for SA.

Lots of declutter functionality, IE, show me friendly air PPLIs within 60nm of ownship. It’s pretty useful. I don’t think surveillance tracks are ever displayed.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Lots of declutter functionality, IE, show me friendly air PPLIs within 60nm of ownship. It’s pretty useful. I don’t think surveillance tracks are ever displayed.

And let me guess, the user interface to declutter has a better design than something akin to Windows 2. #thankslockheed