• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Studying Abroad

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
Haha, touche, touche!

The Turkish bathhouse is sort of a tradition. The one we went to was 400 years old or something. It's basically a steam room/spa type place and everyone is in there (separated by gender) is in towels. The main room is circular with hot rocks and steam with an opening in the dome roof. The attendants there give you a Turkish massage which involves lots of twisting and stretching of limbs and kneading which can be rather painful. They also place these hot rocks on you too. My history professor took the fellas and his wife took the girls there.

Anyways, we were there in the summer of 2005 right after the bombings. It was bit unnerving walking the streets but there were heavy security patrols all over Istanbul and tight security.

IRfly

None
You still don't get it... NO TOUCHE. Not other dudes, anyway, traditional and Turkish or not...

Between that and EVER walking around with an American flag on your backpack, I think you'd be an EXCELLENT choice for an intel officer.

Jynx

*Placeholder*
Contributor
You still don't get it... NO TOUCH-E. Not other dudes, anyway, traditional and Turkish or not....
Fixed that for you...

And Jorgelito, no more descriptions of it being painful at first please

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
really long Freudian slip

Holy sh!t...where do I start. Dude we do NOT want to hear about your gay traditions and certainly not graphic details like Turkish dudes "pounding the sh!it" out of you in a bathhouse! O and and explaining it is not going to help. Expect to be teased mercilessly for at least the next year shipmate. :)